Dr. Shalini Chawla, MD

Dr. Shalini Chawla, MD http://d1ffafozi03i4l.cloudfront.net/img/silhouettes/silhouette-female_w120h160_v1.jpg Patient Surveys for Dr. Shalini Chawla, MD, Westmont, IL, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry & Psychiatry & Counseling & Psychology & Marriage & Family Therapy & Psychotherapy & Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology

Specializes in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry • Female • Age 41

Patient Satisfaction

Patients' feedback on their experience with Dr. Chawla

Dr. Shalini Chawla, MD
Are you Dr. Chawla?
Post a response on your personalized profile.

Likelihood to Recommend

3.1
  • 17 responses
  • 3 reviews
1 5 17

3.1 out of 5

More Details

-Frankfort, IL |

My overall impression was that Dr Chawla did not much care about getting to know me or my issues and was very cold, non-informative, almost condescending. She seemed almost bothered that I was there and did not take any time to explain the process. Her overall attitude was one of "what's wrong with you, why don't you just try X". I went specifically because she mentions dealing with chronic pain and she was clueless about the issue. I do not believe the list of her specialties is accurate.

-Willowbrook, IL |

I was a patient of Dr.Chawla for almost 2 years. Overall, my experience with her and her counseling staff was not satisfactory. Her affect was very flat, she didn't show much interest in me, or any emotion and always looked like she was about to fall asleep. In addition, after having been a patient for about 1 and 1/2 years and her having prescribed 2 anti-depressants for me, during one of our sessions she asked me "Do you think you're depressed?" Duh!! Really? Maybe she's better with children.

-DOWNERS GROVE |

Terrible bedside manner. She barely looks up from her laptop during appointments, rarely smiles. First appointment, she did not even stand up, shake hands or introduce herself. As I described daughters behavior, she seemed shocked and confused. What kind of psychiatrist reacts this way?? In front of my child??!!

Flag Comment

Find the Right Doctor For You.

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Adolescent Psychiatry
2.66 miles away
Dr. Thomas Dimatteo, MD
5.42 miles away
The VideoCalloutContainer had no content.