Dr. Siddiqi's Experience
Research training, expertise and qualifications
- Neurosurgery, 2001
- Disc Replacement
- Dural Repair or Other Spinal Spinal Cord Repair
- Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
- Herniated Disc Surgery
- Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Nerve Block
- Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
- Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Intervertebral Disc Herniation
- Low Back Pain
- Osteoarthritis of Spine
- Pathological Spine Fracture
- Post-Laminectomy Syndrome
- Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spine Deformities
Background Check for Dr. Siddiqi
- No malpractice history found for Texas.
- Disciplinary action in another state (1/11/2011)
- Action Taken: Reprimand
- Allegation of Complaint: Please reference the following Document
- Documentation: Download here (PDF)
- State: West Virginia
- Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence (6/4/2010)
- Action Taken: Education
Allegation of Complaint:
Dr. Shah Naweed Siddiqi; License # J4515
Nature of Complaint:
The physician failed to meet the standard of care in his treatment of two patients. Additionally, he failed to maintain adequate medical records for both patients.
The Texas Medical Board Orders that the physician shall be subject, but not limited to, the following terms and conditions:
- This Agreed Order shall constitute a Public Reprimand of the physician.
- The physician shall successfully complete the Knowledge, Skills, Training, Assessment, and Research (KSTAR) program, within one year from the date of the entry of this Order.
- The physician shall successfully complete a medical recordkeeping course within one year from the date of the entry of this Order.
- The physician shall successfully complete at least eight hours of CME in the subject area of physician-patient communication, approved for Category I credits.
- The physician shall pay an administrative penalty in the amount of $10,000, within ninety days from this Order’s entry date.
- The physician shall comply with all the provisions of the Act and other statutes regulating his practice.
- The physician shall fully cooperate with the Board and the Board staff.
- The physician shall be permitted to supervise and delegate prescriptive authority to physician assistants and advanced practice nurses and to supervise surgical assistants.
- This Order shall automatically terminate upon the physician’s submission of sufficient evidence that he successfully completed the requirements listed above, in numbers two, three, four and five.
- State: Texas
Education & Training
- University Of Cambridge, School Of Clinical Medicine
- Graduated in 1986
- SUNY/Staten Island University Hospital
- Hospital For Sick Children-Canada
- North Carolina Memorial Hospital
- University Of Toronto, Division Of Neurosurgery
- University Of Toronto-Spine Program
- University Of London
- Graduated in 1982
- New York University Medical Center
Languages Spoken by Dr. Siddiqi & Staff