Dr. Rolando German Arafiles; License # K4855
Nature of Complaint:
The Texas Medical Board Staff charged that the physician failed to meet the standard of care in his treatment of a number of patients. The care at issue included treatment of thyroid disease, use of alternative medicine remedies, failure to properly treat several emergency room cases, and the physician’s medical record keeping was inadequate. The Board Staff charged that the physician attempted to intimidate two complainant/witnesses regarding an investigation by the Board.
Action Taken-Mediated Agreed Order:
The Texas Medical Board Orders that the physician’s Texas license is hereby Suspended. The suspension is Stayed, and the physician is placed on Probation for four years. This Agreed Order shall constitute a Public Reprimand. The physician is subject, but not limited to, the following terms and conditions:
- The physician shall successfully complete the Knowledge, Skills, Training, Assessment and Research (KSTAR) program’s Clinical Competency Assessment, within one year of the date of the entry of this Order.
- The physician shall use a practice monitor.
- The physician shall take and pass the Medical Jurisprudence Examination with a score of 75 or above, within one year of this Order.
- The physician shall obtain sixteen total hours of CME approved for Category I credits, within one year from this Order.
- The physician shall pay an administrative penalty in the amount of $3,000 within ninety days of this Order.
- The physician shall comply with all the provisions of the Act and other statutes regulating his practice.
- The physician shall fully cooperate with the Board and the Board staff.
- This Order resolves all issues pending in SOAH Docket No. 503-10-4941 and Legal Case No. 11-0128.