Dr. Thompson's Experience
Research training, expertise and qualifications
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Obstetrics & Gynecology, 1984
- Gynecologic Cancer Screening
- Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
- Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
- Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
Background Check for Dr. Thompson
Malpractice Claims not available
- Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alaska.
- Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence (1/22/2010)
- Action Taken: Probation
Robert Glenn Thompson, MD License #2047
Nature of Complaint
The physician demonstrated professional incompetence and record keeping violations.
The physician entered into a Consent Agreement with the Alaska State Medical Board subject to various terms and conditions and not limited to the following:
- The physician shall pay a civil Fine in the amount of $52,500.00 with $17,000.00 suspended.
- The physician has been placed on Probation by the board for a period of five years.
- The physician is Prohibited from advertising or practicing dermatology.
- The physician shall complete Ethics training and CME in gynecology.
The Effective Date of the agreement is 03/03/2010
- State: Alaska
- Violated terms of probation (3/28/2013)
- Action Taken: Fine
- Summary: Thompson, Robert Glenn MD: License # 2047: NATURE OF COMPLAINT: The physician failed to comply with requirements to pay a fine and complete specific Continuing Medical Education. ACTION TAKEN: The Alaska State Medical Board has issued a REPRIMAND on the physician’s license and imposed a FINE for violating his existing Consent Agreement. Conditions of the Consent Agreement remain; the physician must also pay fine and complete CME.
- State: Alaska
Education & Training
Languages Spoken by Dr. Thompson & Staff