Dr. Robert Buckingham, MD

Dr. Robert Buckingham, MD http://d1ffafozi03i4l.cloudfront.net/img/silhouettes/silhouette-male_w120h160_v1.jpg Visit Healthgrades for information on Dr. Robert Buckingham, MD. Find Phone & Address information, medical practice history, affiliated hospitals and more.

Specializes in Internal Medicine • Male • Age 63

OverviewExperienceHospital QualityPatient SatisfactionAppointments & Offices

Key things you need to know about
Dr. Buckingham:

Dr. Buckingham's Experience

Research training, expertise and qualifications

Dr. Buckingham's Specialties

MoreGet the facts on Dr. Buckingham

The right hospital is as important as the right doctor

Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
400 W Pueblo St
Santa Barbara, CA 93105

MoreKnow where you'll be treated

Hospital Quality Matters

9 Facts About Hospital Quality

Patients’ risk of dying during a hospital stay for heart bypass surgery could be 87.4% lower, on average, at a hospital rated 5 stars compared to a hospital rated 1 star for that procedure. Choosing the right hospital is critical to your health. View Slideshow

Patient Satisfaction

Ojai, CA 93023
MoreSchedule an appointment
Prepare For Your Appointment

7 Tips to Prepare for Your Appointment

The key to a successful appointment is communication. To get the most out of your visit, prepare ahead of time so you can lead the conversation with your doctor. These 7 tips will get you ready

Directions to Dr. Buckingham's Office

From:
To:

Find the Right Doctor For You.

Dr. Robin A. Bernhoft, MD
21.68 miles away
Dr. Gulnar Poorsattar, MD
Endocrinology
11.83 miles away
The VideoCalloutContainer had no content.
  1. Healthgrades
    How to Pick the Right Doctor 229x127

10 Steps to Pick the Right Doctor

Whether you need a primary care doctor or a specialist, these 10 steps will ensure you find the right doctor for you. View Slideshow

Dr. Buckingham's Experience

Procedures Dr. Buckingham Performs

Dr. Buckingham does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Buckingham and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.

Conditions Dr. Buckingham Treats

Dr. Buckingham does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Buckingham and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Background Check for Dr. Buckingham

• No malpractice history found for California.
    • No sanctions history found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.

• No board actions found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.

Awards & Recognitions

9 Facts About Hospital Quality

Dr. Buckingham's Hospital Quality

The right hospital is as important as the right doctor

Healthgrades Hospital Quality Ratings

Check out the quality of care at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital where Dr. Buckingham has admitting privileges:

Viewing 1 of 1

Patient Satisfaction

Patients' feedback on their experience with Dr. Buckingham

Dr. Robert Buckingham, MD
    Are you Dr. Buckingham?
    Post a response on your personalized profile.

Likelihood to Recommend

4.1
    • 18 responses
    • 11 reviews

4.1 out of 5

More Details

- in Ventura, Ca |

As a RN, I am around many doctors, I work ER, and often interact w IM, so there are many ppl I could have chose to be my PCP, but Dr. B is the only Doctor I want taking care of me, he is kind, truthful, and extremely knowledgable, I trust him 100% my healthcare needs

- in Ojai, CA |

I am a 75-year-old man who has been a patient of Dr. Buckingham's for a decade. I attribute a great deal of my excellent general health directly to him and to his recommendations, which I closely follow. He is the author of Hazing Aging (2015),containing numerous insights about means of avoiding the kinds of decline that we conventionally associate with advanced years. He is a medical thinker of great breadth who shares that knowledge generously with patients.

- in Oxnard, CA |

Dr. Robert Buckingham is a well known and respected Doctor in the Ojai Community and Ventura County. As physician of the year in Internal Medicine, It really gets to show that he really takes good care of his patients. Dr. Buckingham gets to listen to his patients needs and always makes sure that every single one of them gets met. He has dedicated his whole life in caring, listening and communicating with his patients and their families. I truly recommend Dr. Buckingham to anyone.

- in Ventura, CA |

My name is pastor McGee, Dr. Buckingham has been my physician for the last 10 years are more and also my wife Prell he has been her physician for 30 years on more. He is a international physician of the year, internal medicine. And really he is one of the few doctors that knows nutrition and exercise as well as the nuts, bolts and washers. Dr. Buckingham is very serious about what he does in the advice he gives you which is always helpful. I know his staff love him my wife and myself love him.

- in Santa Barbara, CA |

I have been a patient of Dr Buckingham for the last 4 years and I can only wish I had discovered him sooner. One unique aspect of his care is the fact that, unlike nearly every doctor I've ever had, he takes TIME ... as much as you need.. to answer your questions and advise you on his methodology and recommendations. His expertise also utilizes many more holistic approaches, meaning prescriptions are not necessarily his only solution! This is unheard of today in "traditional" care.

- in Santa Barbara, CA |

Dr. Buckingham has been my PC for 7 years now. I couldn't be more pleased with the level of care I have received from him during this time. He has helped me resolve a couple of health issues that other doctors I've seen were not able to do. He is attentive focused and thorough;and has an excellent bedside manner. I highly recommend him as I believe him to be one of Ojai and Ventura's best physicians.

- in Ojai, Ca |

Dr. Robert Buckingham is international physician of the year, internal medicine. Are you looking for a doctor who is one on one with his patients, caring, fast, efficient, smart? Well look no further because Dr. Buckingham has all that to offer!! All his patients and staff love him. I wouldn't recommend anyone else!!! Go see him if you want to experience being helped by a real professional in medicine.

- in Santa Barbara, CA |

Dr Buckingham quite literally saved my live by quickly diagnosing my sepsis.. frequently fatal, and spending the majority of entire night, along with his staff, applying the appropriate procedures and methodology needed. Without his expertise, I would not be writing this review. I have finally found a physician that meets my needs and I'm grateful for his dedication.

- in Ojai, CA |

Dr. Buckingham has been my physician for 26 years. I have found his care and advice excellent and thorough.

- in Solvang, CA |

Dr. Buckingham is one of the few doctors who knows nutrition and exercise as well as the nuts and bolts of his many talents as a healer and a guide. I have a serious heart condition and he has coached me, held my hand educated me and kept the medication minimal. He takes the time to talk and be with me every step of the way. Healing the heart is very slow and tedious and does not always work. With him at my side I am getting stronger every day. He is saving my life and there when I need him. TLC

Page of 2
  4. Recommended Reading

Appointments & Offices

Check insurance plans, locations and make an appointment

Is Dr. Buckingham accepting new patients?

If you are a new patient, please check with Dr. Buckingham before scheduling an appointment.

What insurance does he accept?*

* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.

Office Locations

A
    115 Pirie Rd Ste D
    Ojai, CA 93023
    (805) 646-0104 (Office)
    Loading map...

Know Before You Go

10 Surprising Migraine Facts

Suffer from migraines? Here are several facts you need to know.

What Your Poop Says About Your Health

The size, shape and color of your stool can hold valuable clues to your well-being.

Cancers With the Best Survival Rates

Thanks to advances in detection and treatment, some cancers have 5-year survival rates near 100%.
  5. How was your experience with Dr. Buckingham?

Help other patients, and let the doctor know how he's doing

How was your experience with Dr. Buckingham?
    Likelihood of recommending Dr. Buckingham to family and friends*
    Tell us about your experience with Dr. Buckingham
    Tell us about the office & staff
    Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
    Staff friendliness and courteousness
    Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
    Tell us about Dr. Buckingham
    Level of trust in provider's decisions
    How well provider explains medical condition(s)
    How well provider listens and answers questions
    Spends appropriate amount of time with patients
    Tell us about yourself How's this used?
    Your gender:

Your age group:
    18 – 24 years old
    Number of office visits you've had in the last 2 years:
    0 visits
    Display Name:
    City, State:
    Email: *
    How would you like to verify your survey? *

Standard text messaging and data rates may apply.

Submit Survey

We will be sending you a link to verify your survey.

* Required

By submitting your survey, you agree to the terms and conditions of Healthgrades User Agreement, Editorial Policy, and Privacy Policy, and acknowledge you or a family member has been a patient of the provider.