Dr. Richard M. Westmark, MD

Dr. Richard M. Westmark, MD http://d1ffafozi03i4l.cloudfront.net/img/silhouettes/silhouette-male_w120h160_v1.jpg Patient Surveys for Dr. Richard M. Westmark, MD, Houston, TX, Neurosurgery

Specializes in Neurosurgery • Male • Age 53

Patient Satisfaction

Patients' feedback on their experience with Dr. Westmark

Dr. Richard M. Westmark, MD
Are you Dr. Westmark?
Post a response on your personalized profile.

Likelihood to Recommend

4.3
  • 65 responses
  • 4 reviews
1 5 65

4.3 out of 5

More Details

- in Texas City, TX |

I love Dr. Westmark. I have gone through two back surgeries and each time it has been a bounce back with very little down time. I have herniated disc in my lower back L 1 - 5 and when they decide to go out its truly out. He has removed spurs and scar tissue from my back. I did not answer the ? about wait time. You have to understand Dr. Westmark does not treat his patients like cattle on a tread mill he takes the time he needs to treat you and make sure you understand about your own body.

- in Houston, TX |

Highly recommended; I?m 73 and he was a second opinion and more thorough than a widely advertised spine institute. He planned fusion, but after several hours of surgery decided that a lumbar laminectomy and discectomy of L4, L5, S1 was adequate. Instead of staying 2-3 days in the hospital, I woke up and went home the same day (he doesn?t do surgery unless it?s necessary). Before surgery, he clearly explained my problem, my options, and my recovery. He is very busy, but worth the long wait.

1 out of 5
- in Santa Fe |

Recommended I have a 3 level fusion, made it sound like if I didn't I could be paralyzed. Post surgery has been worse than I ever imagined. I have had significant neck pain, stomach pain and shoulders. No post surgery help for the issues the surgery caused. I would stay away from fusion there are much better choices available. Wish I had done more research.

- in Alvin, TX |

Appreciate the time he spent with me and explaining my situation and recommended treatment plan.

Healthgrades
patient satisfaction matters

8 Facts About Patient Satisfaction Surveys

The VideoCalloutContainer had no content.