|About This Provider||Appointments||Phone & Address||Background||Patient Satisfaction|
How to Get the Most Value from Your Appointment
Your relationship with your doctor is a partnership. The better able you are to communicate your needs and understand your options, the more productive your appointment will be and the more likely you are to get the treatment you need.
The time you have with your doctor is all too brief. A little preparation will help you make the most of it.
Accepting New Patients: Yes
Establishing a Partnership With Your Doctor
Choose a doctor with whom you are comfortable talking. Your doctor may be helping you make life and death decisions, so you must feel that your doctor cares about you, listens to you, answers your questions, and helps you understand. You should not feel afraid to discuss anything with your doctor or feel intimidated in any way.
Talk with your doctor about your values and preferences regarding care. Do you prefer to try more conservative therapies first? Do you wish to complement traditional therapies with alternative therapies? Will your doctor support your preferences?
Find a doctor who supports your information needs. If you prefer to be well informed about your condition, find a doctor who will provide additional resources for you and who will allow time during your appointment for you to ask questions.
Talk with your doctor about how involved you wish to be in making decisions. Do you want to know all your options before making a decision? Does your doctor support you seeking a second opinion?
The Right Doctor in the Right Place
In a perfect world, the right doctor would be right around the corner. In reality, you may need to sacrifice some convenience to find the doctor who best meets your needs. If this doctor isn’t everything you’re looking for, search for nearby doctors.
Bear in mind also that many doctors work out of multiple offices. When you call to make your appointment, be sure to confirm the location.
The Right Doctor Begins Here
Whatever you’re looking for in a doctor, your search should begin here, with a study of the doctor’s background and professional qualifications. Make sure the doctor is board certified in the specialty most qualified to treat your condition. (To learn more about your treatment options, visit our partner healthsite, Better Medicine.)
Pay special attention to factors that distinguish this doctor from others you’re considering. Does the doctor have more experience treating your condition? Has the doctor received special honors—or disciplinary sanctions?
For more detail, use the Background tab.
Care Philosophy:The mission of Dr. Price is to provide outstanding medical and aesthetic skin care to people of all ages.The delivery of this care is to be performed with humane concern, high ethical values, and the utmost attention to the individual patient's and ... Read More
- Specialties: Family Practice - Board Certified
- 47 years old
- Graduated in 1993, University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Procedures Performed by Dr. Richard M Price
- Simple Skin Biopsy
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Mole and Wart Removal
- Ingrown Toenail Surgery
- Skin Biopsy
- Cosmetic Laser Surgery (Wrinkle Laser Treatment)
- Skin Lesions
- Biological Therapy
- Skin Care
- Genital Warts
- Hair Loss
- Photodynamic Therapy
- Foreign Body Removal
- Lifts-Face (Non-Surgical)
- Excisions Of Benign Skin Lesions
- Skin Procedures
- Minor Skin Surgery
- Skin Cancer Removal
- Wart Treatment
- Skin Screenings
- Skin Resurfacing
- Dermatology Procedures
- Skin Lesion Excision
- Facial Reconstructive Surgery (Accidents, Skin Cancers & Other Traumas)
- Cryotherapy For Warts
- Laceration Repair
- Wound-Laceration Repair
- Co2 Laser
- Benign Skin Tumor Treatment
- toenail removal
- Facial Skin Rejuvenation-Advanced Laser
- Skin Grafts
- Minor Office Surgery
- Lesion Removal
- Laser Resurfacing
- Burns (1st and 2nd Degree)
- Skin Lesion Biopsy
- Scar Revision
- Skin Punch Biopsy
- Minor Skin Procedures
- Skin Cancer Tumor Treatment
- Skin Surgery
- Mole Removal
- Wrinkle Removal & Skin Resurfacing
- Cosmetic Procedures
- Suture Uncomplicated Lacerations
- Facial Peel
- Skin Lesion Repair
- Dermal Fillers
- Excision Of Skin Lesions
- Skin Cancer Surgery With Reconstruction
- Cosmetic Dermatology (Acne Surgery)
- Botox, Captique, Collagen, Hylaform & Restylane Injections
- Skin Cancer Excisions
- Skin Peels
- Botox Injections
- Wart Removal
Awards and Recognitions
Dr. Price is a Healthgrades Recognized Doctor.
Finding the Best Doctor Who Is Right for You
Choosing a doctor is one of the most important and personal decisions you make. Your doctor is your partner in health and is there to guide you through many decisions about protecting your health, staying healthy, and coping with illness.
While a good doctor-patient relationship develops with time and is built on trust, you can ensure a good start but taking the time to find the best doctor who is right for you or a family member.
Start by creating a list of potential doctors. Ask family, friends, and other healthcare providers for recommendations. If you have a medical condition that requires specialty care, ask your primary care doctor to refer you to doctors who can work closely with your primary care doctor to coordinate your care.
With list in hand, take the time to do your research. Call each doctor’s office to see if he or she is accepting new patients. If so, ask for an appointment to meet and interview the doctor. Explain to the receptionist that you’d like a consult.
Consider the following when finding the best doctor for you:
- Doctor’s Credentials. Board certification is one of the most important factors to consider; it tells you that the doctor has the needed training, skills and experience to provide healthcare in their specific field. Also confirm that the doctor has no history of malpractice claims or disciplinary actions.
- Doctor’s Experience. When you’re facing health issues, experience matters. The more experience a doctor has with a condition or procedure, the better your results are likely to be.
- Gender. It is important for you to feel comfortable with your doctor’s gender because you will need to openly discuss personal information. And don’t hesitate to ask a doctor about his or her recent training and experience specifically related to your condition and your gender.
- Hospital Quality. Consider the quality of care at the hospital where the doctor can treat patients. Quality matters to you because patients at top-rated hospitals have fewer complications and better survival rates.
- Communication Style. Choose a doctor with whom you are comfortable talking and who supports your information needs.
- What Your Insurance Covers. Your insurance coverage is a practical matter. To receive the most insurance benefits and pay the least out-of-pocket for your care, you may need to choose a doctor who participates in your plan.
Your goal is finding the best doctor who suits your needs. You want to get the best care from someone you can trust and who puts you at ease.
What Patients Say About This Doctor
Similar to widely accepted government surveys, our survey asks patients about aspects of their healthcare experience that are closely linked to quality.
We report on eight measures of care, plus the ultimate compliment—patients’ willingness to recommend the doctor to their family and friends.
Learning what patients say about this doctor can give you a good sense of what your own experience might be like with this doctor.
If you’ve been treated by this doctor, please take a minute to complete the survey. Your insights can prove valuable to other patients—as well as the doctor.
Oops, you entered a bad link for Dr. Price!
Thank you for confirming your survey about Dr. Price!
Thank you for confirming your survey about Dr. Price!
Our records show that you have already confirmed your survey for Dr. Price. Please note: it takes 24 hours for your survey results to show up on the doctor’s profile.