Dr. Farshi's Experience
Research training, expertise and qualifications
- Interventional Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease, 1998
- Internal Medicine, 1996
- Interventional Cardiology, 2003
- Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
- Cardiac Imaging
- Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
- Cardioversion, Elective
- Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
- Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
- Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
- Peripheral Artery Catheterization
- Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
- Angina and Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Dissection
- Aortic Ectasia
- Aortic Valve Disease
- Arrhythmias (incl. Atrial Fibrillation)
- Autonomic Disorders
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
- Hypertensive Heart Disease
- Marfan Syndrome
- Mitral Valve Disease
- Pericardial Disease
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Secondary Hypertension
- Septal Defect
- Tricuspid Valve Disease
Background Check for Dr. Farshi
- No malpractice history found for California.
- Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence (10/5/2009)
- Action Taken: Probation
Dr. Ramin Farshi; License # G75062
Nature of Complaint:
The physician committed gross negligence, repeated acts of negligence and was incompetent in the care and treatment of a patient. The physician failed to link the echocardiogram findings of severe aortic stenosis with the patient before the patient underwent a treadmill study. The physician personally conducted the treadmill test two days later in which the patient's heart failed and the patient died.
The Medical Board of California has Revoked the physician's license to practice medicine and surgery in the State of California. The revocation is Stayed and the physician is placed on Probation for a period of thirty-five months subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The physician shall complete a minimum of forty hours per year for each year of probation of an education course in addition to the continuing medical education requirements for licensure renewal.
- The physician's practice and billing shall be monitored by a board approved monitor for the duration of the physician's probation.
- the physician shall submit proof of compliance of the notification requirement to the board.
- The physician shall not supervise physician assistants.
- The physician shall obey all laws and all rules governing the practice of medicine in the State of California.
- The physician shall submit quarterly declarations of probation compliance to the board.
- The physician shall appear before the board upon request.
- The physician shall pay probation monitoring costs.
- State: California
- No board actions found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
Education & Training
Languages Spoken by Dr. Farshi & Staff