Allegation of Complaint:
Philip Mark Goldman, MD License # 35 060870
Nature of Complaint
On or about January 18, 2010 the physician submitted to a urine drug test at the request of his hospital supervisor, which tested positive for cocaine. After a Board-ordered evaluation by a Board-approved treatment provider, the physician has been diagnosed with cocaine abuse and requires residential treatment. The physician has been determined to be impaired in the ability to practice according to acceptable and prevailing standards of care because of habitual or excessive use or abuse of substances that impair ability to practice.
The Board has not received information that the physician has entered treatment or that he has been determined to be capable of practicing in accordance with acceptable and prevailing standards of care.
The State Medical Board of Ohio has ordered that the physician’s certificate to practice medicine and surgery in the State of Ohio shall be Summarily Suspended effective August 11, 2010.
January 13, 2011 – Consent Agreement
The physician admits to the factual and legal allegations set forth in the Notice of Summary Suspension. In in lieu of formal proceedings, the physician has entered into a Consent Agreement with the State Medical Board in which the physician agrees to various terms, conditions and limitations including and not limited to the following.
- The physician’s summary suspension, effective August 11, 2010 shall be terminated and superseded the instant Consent Agreement becomes effective, January 13, 2011. Further, the physician’s certificate to practice medicine and surgery in the State of Ohio shall be Indefinitely Suspended for not less than 120 days.
- The physician shall be subject to Sobriety.
- The physician shall be subject to Psychiatric Treatment.
- The physician shall be subject to Drug and Alcohol Screens which shall be conducted through a drug testing facility and collection site.
- The physician shall be subject to participation in a Rehabilitation Program such as AA, NA, CA or Caduceus.
- Conditions for reinstatement have been established.
- The physician shall be subject to Required Reporting including to all employers or entities with which the physician is under contract to provide health care services or is receiving training.
In the event the physician appears to have violated any term or condition of the Consent Agreement, the Board reserves the right to institute formal proceedings.