Dr. Williams' Experience
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine
Procedures Dr. Williams Performs
Dr. Williams does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Williams and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.
Conditions Dr. Williams Treats
Dr. Williams does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Williams and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.
Background Check for Dr. Williams
Malpractice Claims not available
- Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.
- Sexual Abuse of or Sexual Misconduct with a Patient (7/21/2010)
- Action Taken: Suspension
O’Rell Ronald Williams, MD License #45383-20
Nature of Complaint
The physician engaged in a personal and sexual relationship with a colleague who was also his patient. The patient began seeing another primary care provider shortly after the sexual encounter. The patient/colleague reported the physician’s conduct to their employer and the physician was terminated effective September 11, 2007 based on the complaint. The physician has been in counseling with a psychotherapist since 2007. On December 22, 2009, at the request of the Division of Enforcement, the physician had a psychological evaluation which concluded and recommended that the physician does not show evidence of any sexual impulse control disorder, lack of empathy or a psychiatric disorder of any type. The physician lacked external supports to help with boundary challenges and various role conflicts; he relied on other staff members who were subordinates. The physician has learned from corrective feedback. The physician’s current position as a hospitalist provides helpful structure and supervision.
The Wisconsin Medical Examining Board has issued a Final Decision and Order in which the following is ORDERED and is not limited to the following.
- The physician’s license to practice medicine and surgery in the State of Wisconsin is Suspended for a period of twelve months.
- The physician’s suspension is Stayed immediately and shall remain stayed with conditions and limitations, including and not limited to a Practice Supervisor, Psychotherapist Treatment, Professional Mentor and Professional Boundaries Education.
- The physician shall pay the costs of this proceeding in the amount of $1,800.00.
- State: Wisconsin
Education & Training
Languages Spoken by Dr. Williams & Staff