Allegation of Complaint:
Dr. Oranu Godfrey Ibekie License # 01054231A
Nature of Complaint
The physician admits being involved in a scheme to defraud individuals and insurance providers by means of materially false and fraudulent pretense, representations and promises. On or about October 6, 2008 the physician entered a plea of guilty to the charge of conspiring to misbrand drugs. The court accepted the pea and entered a judgment of guilty. The physician has been sentenced to four years of probation, 400 hours of community service and ordered to pay an assessment of $25.00, a fine of $30,000.00 and restitution in the amount of $115,775.00. The physician has been convicted of a crime that has direct bearing on his ability to continue to practice competently or is harmful to the public as evidenced by his conviction of conspiring to misbrand drugs.
The Medical Licensing Board of Indiana has issued an Ultimate Conclusions of Law and Order in which the physician’s Indiana medical license in placed on Indefinite Probationwith terms and conditions including and not limited to the following.
- The physician shall attend quarterly appearances before the Medical Licensing Board.
- The physician shall successfully complete twenty seven hours of Board approved, related continuing education and provide proof of completion to the Board.
- The physician shall remain compliant with his criminal probation at all times.
- The physician must successfully compete his criminal probation prior to petitioning the Board for withdrawal of probation.
- The physician shall pay the cost of the transcript for presentation of the Settlement Agreement to the Board.