Dr. Collins' Experience
Research training, expertise and qualifications
Procedures Dr. Collins Performs
Dr. Collins does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Collins and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.
Conditions Dr. Collins Treats
Dr. Collins does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Collins and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.
Background Check for Dr. Collins
Malpractice Claims not available
- Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for North Carolina.
- Substance Abuse (1/27/2003)
- Action Taken: Surrender
- Allegation of Complaint:
Dr. Natalear Rolline Collins, Lic #0000-27108
NATURE OF COMPLAINT
Over the years, Dr. Collins has suffered from alcohol and drug abuse. As a result, Dr. Collins and the Board have entered into Consent Orders three times from 1996 to 1997 restricting and/or limiting her practice. In July 2000, she was relieved of the restrictions of the Consent Orders based on evidence of her progress in fighting alcohol and drug abuse.
In January 2003, a Board investigator and Raleigh police officers interviewed Dr. Collins regarding a suspicious prescription for Vicodin that Dr. Collins wrote for a patient. She first claimed the prescription was justified. She then admitted she was with the patient when the drug was dispensed and she and the patient shared the medication.
Voluntary surrender of license
08/18/04: Consent Order
In February 2003, Dr. Collins was arrested and in May 2003, she pled guilty in to one felony count of attempting to obtain a controlled substance by fraud.
In October 2003, the Board issued a Notice of Revocation due to the felony conviction. Dr. Collins filed a request for a hearing on this matter in December 2003.
She is presently in treatment for her alcohol and substance abuse problem in a residential treatment program.
Consent Order Action:
- Dr. Collins’ medical license is indefinitely suspended.
- She may not reapply for a license for at least two years from the date she surrendered her license
- Unless lawfully prescribed by someone other than herself, she shall refrain from use of all mind- or mood-altering substances, including alcohol
- On request by the Board, she shall supply bodily fluids or tissues for screening purposes
- She shall maintain and abide by a contract with the NCPHP
- She must comply with other conditions.
- State: North Carolina
0 Board Actions
- No board actions found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
Education & Training
- The Brody School Of Medicine At East Carolina University
- Graduated in 1981
Languages Spoken by Dr. Collins & Staff