Procedures Dr. Rogers Performs
Dr. Rogers doesn't have any procedures listed. If you're Dr. Rogers and would like to add procedures, please log in to the physician portal to update your profile.
Conditions Dr. Rogers Treats
Dr. Rogers doesn't have any conditions listed. If you're Dr. Rogers and would like to add conditions, please log in to the physician portal to update your profile.
Background Check for Dr. Rogers
Malpractice Claims not available
- Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.
- Misprescribing or Overprescribing Drugs (10/19/2009)
- Action Taken: Probation
- Allegation of Complaint:
Dr. Nancy Lynn Rogers License # 07943R
Nature of Complaint
The physician allegedly prescribed excessive doses of controlled substances without documenting an appropriate medial justification. The records reflect that the physician used nondescript terms for diagnosis of patient conditions, rarely made patient referrals, did not formulate individualized treatment plans, and despite clear indication for their use, did not utilize drug screens. The physician ignored evidence of the possibility that her patients were involved in the misuse, abuse and/or diversion of the controlled substances she prescribed. When the physician was advised her deficiencies, she agreed to immediately take steps to discontinue her pain management practice and restrict her practice to neurosurgery. The physician authorizes the Investigating Officer to present the Consent Order to the Board.
The Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners has ORDERED that the license (Certificate No. 07943R) to engage in the practice medicine in the State of Louisiana is Suspended for a period of six months. It is further ORDERED that the suspension is Stayed and the physician’s license is placed on Probation for a period of five years with terms and conditions including and not limited to the following.
- The physician shall be subject to Prohibitions on Practice – Management of Chronic Pain or Obesity.
- The physician shall be subject to Prohibitions of Prescription, Dispensation, Administration of Controlled Substances.
- The physician shall be subject to Medical/Psychological Evaluation.
- The physician shall be subject to Continuing Medical Education.
- The physician shall be subject to Cooperation with Board’s Probation and Compliance Officer.
- The physician shall be subject to Certification of Compliance with Probationary Terms-Personal Appearance Before the Board.
- The physician shall be subject to payment of a Fine in the amount of $5,000.00.
It is further ORDERED that any violation of this Order shall be deemed adequate and sufficient cause for further action as the Board may deem appropriate.
- State: Louisiana
- No board actions found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
Education & Training
Languages Spoken by Dr. Rogers & Staff