Allegation of Complaint:
Dr. Nancy Jayne Lisch; License # 35061020
Nature of Complaint:
The physician failed to comply with the terms and conditions of the 05-14-2008 Step I Consent Agreement. The physician on 11-14-2008 tested positive for the presence of ethyl glucuronide.
The State Medical Board of Ohio has Revoked the physician's license to practice medicine and surgery in the State of Ohio. The revocation has been Stayed and the physician's license to practice medicine and surgery has been Indefinitely Suspended for a period of at least ninety days subject to the following terms, conditions and limitations:
- The physician shall obey all laws.
- The physician shall abstain from the personal use or possession of drugs unless prescribed, dispensed or administered to the physician by an authorized individual who has knowledge of the physician's history of chemical dependency and psychiatric condition.
- The physician shall abstain from alcohol.
- The physician shall provide authorization for disclosure by those that provide treatment or evaluation for the physician's chemical dependency, psychiatric condition, and/or related conditions.
- The physician shall submit quarterly declarations of compliance to the board.
- The physician shall appear before the board every three months or as requested by the board.
- The physician shall submit to random urine screenings for alcohol and drugs at least four times per month or as directed by the board.
- The physician shall participate in an alcohol and drug rehabilitation program at least three times per week.
- The board has established conditions for reinstatement and subsequent probationary terms, conditions and limitations to monitor practice.
01/13/2010 – Board Order
The urine specimens submitted by the physician on May 1, 2009, July 23, 2009 and August 10, 2009 all were confirmed for the presence of ethyl glucuronide and ethyl sulfate, which are a metabolite of alcohol. The State Medical Board of Ohio received no request for hearing and subsequently ordered that the physician’s certificate to practice allopathic medicine and surgery in the State of Ohio is Revoked. The Order is effective 01/14/2010.