Dr. El-Rafei's Experience
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Pediatric Psychiatry
- Child Psychiatry
Procedures Dr. El-Rafei Performs
Dr. El-Rafei does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. El-Rafei and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.
- Psychiatric Diseases
- Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
Background Check for Dr. El-Rafei
- No malpractice history found for New Jersey.
- Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence (3/15/2010)
- Action Taken: Surrender
Dr. Nabil El Rafei; License # MA02628400
Nature of Complaint:
The physician admitted to repeated acts of negligence and that he failed to ensure that an employee of his practice was properly licensed as an associate counselor for approximately three years.
The physician has entered into a Consent Order with the New Jersey State Board of Medical Examiners subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The physician has agreed to Retire from the practice of medicine and psychiatry in the State of New Jersey which shall be deemed a Voluntary Surrender of his license upon retirement and shall not seek reinstatement or relicensure.
- The physician shall have a sixty day wind down period of his psychiatry practice and cannot accept new patients.
- The physician shall provide written notification to his patients by 04-15-2010 that he will no longer be practicing as of 05-15-2010.
- The physician shall pay a Civil Penalty in the amount of $27,500 plus costs in the amount of $7,500.
- State: New Jersey
- No board actions found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
Education & Training
- University Of Alexandria, Faculty Of Medicine
- Graduated in 1957
- Alexandria University Hops
- Complete in 1958
- Chldns Hospital
- Complete in 1969
- University Manitoba Affil Hospital
- Complete in 1968
- Winnipeg Genl Hospital
- Complete in 1967
- Elmhurst City Hospital Center
- Complete in 1970
Languages Spoken by Dr. El-Rafei & Staff