Mireille Lalanne, MD License # 14207
Nature of Complaint
The physician was convicted in the Circuit Court of Harlan County, Kentucky of facilitating trafficking in controlled substances in the first degree. The conviction was entered as a result of a plea agreement. The physician has abused the authority vested in her as a licensed physician.
The Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners finds that the conduct of the physician is so severe that it imperatively requires emergency action in order to protect the public health, safety and welfare prior to the initiation of formal disciplinary charges. The board has ORDERED the following and is not limited to the following.
- The physician’s Tennessee License #14207 is Summarily Suspended.
- The physician shall cease and desist from practicing medicine in the State of Tennessee.
- The physician shall not practice any health related profession nor in any health related field without permission from the Board.
- The physician may present her version of the situation to the Board at an informal conference on February 2, 2010.
March 23, 2010 – Final Order
The Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners has issued a Final Order in which the physician is ORDERED to the following and is not limited to the following.
- The physician’s Tennessee Medical License is placed on Probation for a period of five years.
- The physician shall undergo an evaluation by the Center for Personalized Education of Physicians (CPEP); and comply with all recommendations of CPEP.
- The physician must enroll in and complete the courses entitled “Medical Ethics, Boundaries and Professionalism” and “Intensive Course in Medical Record Keeping”; and provide proof of completion to the Board.
- The physician shall obtain Practice Monitoring for a period of five years.
- The physician must pay the actual and reasonable costs of prosecuting this case; said costs not to exceed $15,000.00.
- The physician is assessed one Civil Penalty in the amount of $1,000.00.