Dr. Michael Lupa, MD

Dr. Michael Lupa, MD http://d1ffafozi03i4l.cloudfront.net/img/silhouettes/silhouette-male_w120h160_v1.jpg Visit Healthgrades for information on Dr. Michael Lupa, MD. Find Phone & Address information, medical practice history, affiliated hospitals and more.

Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat • Male • Age 38

OverviewExperienceHospital QualityPatient SatisfactionAppointments & Offices

Key things you need to know about
Dr. Lupa:

Dr. Lupa's Experience

Research training, expertise and qualifications

Dr. Lupa's Specialties

MoreSchedule an appointment
Healthgrades
Prepare For Your Appointment

7 Tips to Prepare for Your Appointment

The key to a successful appointment is communication. To get the most out of your visit, prepare ahead of time so you can lead the conversation with your doctor. These 7 tips will get you ready

Directions to Dr. Lupa's Office

From:
To:

Find the Right Doctor For You.

Dr. Charles E. Gage, MD
Dr. Daniel Rietz, MD
Dr. John Macri, MD
Dr. Michael J. Kearns, MD
6.38 miles away
The VideoCalloutContainer had no content.
  1. Healthgrades
    How to Pick the Right Doctor 229x127

10 Steps to Pick the Right Doctor

Whether you need a primary care doctor or a specialist, these 10 steps will ensure you find the right doctor for you. View Slideshow

Dr. Lupa's Experience

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
    • Adenoidectomy
    • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
    • Balloon Sinuplasty
    • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
    • Ear Surgery
    • Ear Tube Placement
    • ENT Surgery
    • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
    • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
    • Head and Neck Surgery
    • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
    • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
    • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
    • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
    • Sinus Surgery
    • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
    • Tonsillectomy
    • Tracheal Surgery
    • Wound Repair

Conditions Dr. Lupa Treats

Dr. Lupa does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Lupa and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Background Check for Dr. Lupa

• No malpractice history found for California.
    • No sanctions history found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.

• No board actions found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.

Education & Training

CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIV SCH OF MED
    Graduated in 2005

Languages Spoken by Dr. Lupa & Staff

2. Healthgrades
    Hospital Quality Matters

9 Facts About Hospital Quality

Patients’ risk of dying during a hospital stay for heart bypass surgery could be 87.4% lower, on average, at a hospital rated 5 stars compared to a hospital rated 1 star for that procedure. Choosing the right hospital is critical to your health. View Slideshow

3. Healthgrades
    patient satisfaction matters

8 Facts About Patient Satisfaction Surveys

Patient Satisfaction

Patients' feedback on their experience with Dr. Lupa

Dr. Michael Lupa, MD
    Are you Dr. Lupa?
    Post a response on your personalized profile.

Likelihood to Recommend

• 11 responses
    • 11 reviews

More Details

- in Roseville, CA |

Dr. Lupa is very friendly and he listen to my questions and concerns. He had to preform a difficult nasal surgery and he did a great job. I felt like our visits were always great and he was very helpful to me feeling comfortable. He was also great with my wife when she fainted during my follow up appointment. He and his staff were great at taking care of both of us. If I needed another surgery i would want him to preform it.

- in Sacramento, CA |

I have been a patient of Dr. Lupa for almost three years now and I have to say that he has been the utmost professional in all my dealings with him. He thoroughly explains information and always responds timely to any questions. His bedside manner is outstanding and makes you feel like more than just a number. It is my belief that he truly cares about his patients and he will be missed now that he is relocating from our area. I have no doubt he will be successful in any future endeavor.

- in Roseville, CA |

I have been Dr. Lupa's patient for several years now for my chronic sinusitis and polyps. He has performed 2 sinus surgeries on me, with outstanding results. After seeing other ENTs, he's the one doctor I have 110% confidence in. He is always very quick to respond to any email questions and spends a lot of time making sure I'm receiving the best care possible; he really goes above and beyond. I'm so sad that he's moving away and whoever takes his place will have very big shoes to fill.

- in Citrus Heights, CA |

I have been very happy with Dr. Lupa's care. I have had chronic sinus infections for years and two sinus surgeries in the past. I started seeing Dr. Lupa just a few months ago. He did surgery on my upper and lower sinuses and I had a painless recovery. I was so happy that he did not need to pack the sinuses after the surgery. I had no swelling or bruising. I had immediate relief from the sinus pain and congestion. I just wish I had not waited so long to make that first appointment.

5 out of 5

I Highly recommend Dr. Lupa for any sinus related issues. I've had two sinus surgeries done with the second one performed by Dr. Lupa. After the first surgery, my sinuses were infected and I was reverting back to my old self. It wasn't until Dr. Lupa that my sinuses got better. He is very competent and knowledgeable in the subject. He is also very responsive to emails. Will not stop until you get better!

- in Pilot Hill, CA |

I presented with a nose that had been fractured numerous times and had mostly occluded on one side such that minimal air flowed and had developed a fungal growth in one sinus and a pre-cancerous growth in another as well as an antibiotic resistent staph infection. Dr. Lupa managed the infection first and surgically redesigned the sinus openings and removed significant bone in a 4 1/2 hr surgery. I was a consulting DDS with MDs in trauma involving teeth and jaws many times and he is the best.

- in Roseville, CA |

I have been Dr. Lupa's patient for many years now. He has done sinus surgery on my chronic sinusitis and sinus polyps. Since the surgery he has kept a close eye on my condition with regular checkups. If I am having any sinus issues and email him he is quick to respond with a resolution. (I.e.:RX if needed) He listens and doesn't rush you during your appointments. I am truly going to miss him very much on his relocation!!!! I only hope his replacement is as good physician as he is.

- in LODI |

My husband battled Old Factory Neroblastoma. Dr. Lupa was amazing! We drove over a hour just to see him each and every time. Not only being extremely knowledgeable he is very compassionate and it shows in his bedside manner and work. Our experience and journey with him over the last year were very comforting. And I don't think we could have done it without him!!! 5 stars is not enough this man deserves 20!

- in Sacramento, CA |

I have had Sinus Disease for years. I have had many different ENTs and none where capable of getting to the source of the problem and attacking it. The very first visit and he was able to confirm what I had know for years. I need another surgery and I am so thankful to be able to meet such a wonderful caring person. Highly recommend this doctor.

- in Rescue, CA |

Dr. Lupa preformed sinus surgery on me and it was a total success. He fixed my frontal lobes and my headaches have gone away. I only wish he were staying in California. The east coast is getting a great doctor. My sinuses will miss him.

Page of 2
  4. Recommended Reading

Appointments & Offices

Check insurance plans, locations and make an appointment

Is Dr. Lupa accepting new patients?

If you are a new patient, please check with Dr. Lupa before scheduling an appointment.

What insurance does he accept?*

• Connecticare
    • EmblemHealth
    • Golden Rule
    • Kaiser Permanente
    * Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.

Office Locations

(504) 988-1694 (Fax)
    Loading map...

Know Before You Go

8 Myths About Allergies

Can children outgrow allergies? Is local honey really effective? These 8 common misconceptions might surprise you.

Signs and Symptoms of an Allergy Emergency

Your body will give you clear signals when you're having a severe allergic reaction.

Natural Remedies for Allergy Relief

From saline rinses to yoga, read up on ways to ease the sneeze naturally.
  5. How was your experience with Dr. Lupa?

Help other patients, and let the doctor know how he's doing

How was your experience with Dr. Lupa?
    Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lupa to family and friends*
    Tell us about your experience with Dr. Lupa
    Tell us about the office & staff
    Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
    Staff friendliness and courteousness
    Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
    Tell us about Dr. Lupa
    Level of trust in provider's decisions
    How well provider explains medical condition(s)
    How well provider listens and answers questions
    Spends appropriate amount of time with patients
    Tell us about yourself How's this used?
    Your gender:

Your age group:
    18 – 24 years old
    Number of office visits you've had in the last 2 years:
    0 visits
    Display Name:
    City, State:
    Email: *
    How would you like to verify your survey? *

Standard text messaging and data rates may apply.

Submit Survey

We will be sending you a link to verify your survey.

* Required

By submitting your survey, you agree to the terms and conditions of Healthgrades User Agreement, Editorial Policy, and Privacy Policy, and acknowledge you or a family member has been a patient of the provider.