Dr. Brown's Experience
- Geriatric Medicine
- Pain Medicine
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Joint Drainage
- Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
- Steroid Injection
- Trigger Point Injection
- Achilles Tendinitis
- Acute Postoperative Pain
- Adhesive Capsulitis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Back Pain
- Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cervical Spine Myelopathy
- Chronic Neck Pain
- Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Chronic Postoperative Pain
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Diabetic Polyneuropathy
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis)
- Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
- Ganglion Cyst
- Intervertebral Disc Herniation
- Low Back Pain
- Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
- Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
- Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
- Osteoarthritis of Hip
- Osteoarthritis of Knee
- Osteoarthritis of Shoulder
- Osteoarthritis of Spine
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain
- Pelvic Fracture
- Peripheral Nerve Disorders
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Postherpetic Neuralgia
- Post-Laminectomy Syndrome
- Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spine Deformities
- Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)
- Tension Headache
- Thoracic Spine Pain
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Trigger Finger
Background Check for Dr. Brown
Malpractice Claims not available
- Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.
- Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence (6/2/2011)
- Action Taken: Probation
Dr. Michael C Brown; License # MD00028042
Nature of Complaint:
The care the respondent provided allegedly fell below the standard when treating patients for chronic pain.
The respondent agrees to the entry of the following Agreed Order:
- The Commission places the respondent’s license on probation for a period of 5 years.
- The respondent shall not prescribe opioids to any patient with chronic non-malignant pain, in excess of 120 milligrams of a daily MED.
- The respondent shall submit a paper of no less than 1,000 words regarding the management of chronic non-cancer pain.
- The respondent will take appropriate steps to l earn the identity of other health care professionals caring for each chronic pain patient, and continue this effort throughout his care of each chronic patient.
- The respondent agrees that a representative of the Commission may make unannounced visits to his practice to conduct practice reviews.
- The respondent will appear in person, annually, before the Commission and provide proof that he is in compliance with this Agreed Order.
- The respondent shall pay a fine in the amount of $5,000 within 6 months of this Order.
- The respondent shall obey all laws and all rules governing the practice of the profession in Washington.
- State: Washington
- No board actions found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
Education & Training
Languages Spoken by Dr. Brown & Staff