- EEG (Electroencephalogram)
- EMG (Electromyography)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Bell's Palsy
- Brain Aneurysm
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
- Cerebral Hemorrhage
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Diabetic Polyneuropathy
- Essential Tremor
- Gait Abnormality
- Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
- Intervertebral Disc Herniation
- Low Back Pain
- Lyme Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
- Optic Neuritis
- Parkinson's Disease
- Peripheral Nerve Disorders
- Post-Concussion Syndrome
- Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
- Sleep Apnea
- Spinal Stenosis
- Tension Headache
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
Background Check for Dr. Szmanda
Malpractice Claims not available
- Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.
- Sexual Abuse of or Sexual Misconduct with a Patient (3/16/2011)
- Action Taken: Suspension
Szmanda, Mark T MD License # 35650-21
Nature of Complaint
The physician engaged in a personal relationship with a patient that evolved into a sexual relationship in November 2004 and lasted until approximately October 2006. From September 2008 to March 2009 the physician was in therapy with a psychotherapist and marriage and family therapist, who was experienced treating healthcare professional who have crossed professional boundaries the patients. The physician was also in couples counseling with his wife. At the request of the Division of Enforcement, the physician has had a psychological evaluation, which concluded that the physician is fit to practice medicine without risk to the public and that the physician has no compulsive sexual behavior, addictions or personality disorder problems which warrant intervention or practice limitations.
The Wisconsin Medical Examining Board has issued a Final Decision and Order in which the following is ordered and is not limited to the following.
- The physician’s license to practice medicine and surgery in the State of Wisconsin is Suspended for a period of twelve months.
- The physician’s suspension is Stayed subject to terms and conditions including and not limited to a Practice Setting Supervisor, Psychotherapist and Professional Boundaries Education.
- The physician shall pay the costs of this proceeding in the amount of $2,200.00.
- State: Wisconsin
Education & Training
Languages Spoken by Dr. Szmanda & Staff