Dr. Mark Leatherwood; License # MD2006-0321
Nature of Complaint:
Unknown at this time.
Action Taken-Agreed Order:
It is hereby Ordered that as of the date of the acceptance of this Agreed Order by the Chair of the Board and then for as long as the physician has a New Mexico license to practice medicine, neither the physician nor anyone else he supervises shall use his New Mexico license to treat patients’ chronic pain. The physician agrees not to treat any given patient for chronic pain, for more than thirty consecutive days. Also, the physician is restricted from prescribing controlled substances to immediate family members.
September 8, 2010-Stipulation of Licensure:
The Board believes that the physician can safely perform the duties of a physician, if he is under psychological monitoring, a monitored treatment program and under certain terms and conditions set forth herein:
- The physician shall enter into a treatment contract with the Monitored Treatment Program and shall comply fully with the recommendations, terms and conditions required.
- The physician shall appear before the Board on a quarterly basis or upon the Board’s request.
- The physician shall submit quarterly reports to the Board, attesting to his compliance with this stipulation.
- The physician shall, at all times, comply with all federal, state and local laws.
- The conditions and terms set forth in this stipulation will remain in effect unless and until removed or amended by the Board.