Dr. Hughes' Background
Research training, expertise and qualifications
- Ophthalmology - Board Certified
Procedures Dr. Hughes Performs
Dr. Hughes doesn't have any procedures listed. If you're Dr. Hughes and would like to add procedures, please log in to the physician portal to update your profile.
Conditions Dr. Hughes Treats
Dr. Hughes doesn't have any conditions listed. If you're Dr. Hughes and would like to add conditions, please log in to the physician portal to update your profile.
Background Check for Dr. Hughes
Malpractice Claims not available
- Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Massachusetts.
- Criminal Conviction (1/4/2012)
- Action Taken: Suspension
- Allegation of Complaint:
Dr. Mark S. Hughes; License # 72171
Nature of Complaint:
The Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine found that the physician was sentenced in United States District Court to one year and one day in prison and fined $60,000.00 for one charge of tax evasion and one charge of obstruction of a tax audit.
- The Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine indefinitely suspended the physician's license to practice medicine.
- The physician may petition to lift the suspension in one year and upon entry into a probation agreement , the terms of which shall include 1,000 hours of Board approved uncompensated community service as a physician.
- State: Massachusetts
0 Board Actions
- No board actions found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
Education & Training
- Harvard Medical School
- Graduated in 1986
- New Eng Deaconess Hospital
- Complete in 1987
- Ma Eye Ear Infirm
- Complete in 1990
- Ma Ee Infirm/Ret Assoc
- Complete in 1991
Languages Spoken by Dr. Hughes & Staff