Dr. Gorrell's Experience
Dr. Gorrell's Care Philosophy
- Pain Medicine Anesthesiology
- Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection
- Cervical Facet Joint Injection
- Chronic Pain Management
- Conscious Sedation
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Facet Block
- Facet Joint Injection
- Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injection
- Lumbar Facet Joint Injection
- Nerve Blocks
- Pain Management
- Sacroiliac Joint Injection
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Trigger Point Injection
- Back Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Facet Joint Pain
- Intervertebral Disc Herniation
- Low Back Pain
- Lumbar Disc Degeneration
- Lumbar Herniated Disc
- Lumbar Radiculopathy
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
- Spinal Stenosis
Background Check for Dr. Gorrell
- No malpractice history found for Florida.
- No sanctions history found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
- Wrong-site surgery (3/11/2011)
- Action Taken: Release from Prior Order
Dr. Kelvin Wesley Gorrell; License # ME78192; Case # 2009-09996
Nature of Complaint:
The physician previously on 02-19-2010 entered into a Settlement Agreement with the Florida Board of Medicine.
Action Taken-Obligations Satisfied
- State: Florida
- Disciplinary action in another state (2/3/2011)
- Action Taken: Fine
Dr. Kelvin Wesley Gorrell; License # 57978; Docket Number 20110031
Nature of Complaint:
An Administrative Complaint was filed against the physician on 10-09-2009 by the Florida Department of Health. The Complaint alleged that the physician failed to adequately confirm the correct surgical/procedure site and performed a medically unnecessary procedure on the wrong site. The physician administered a shoulder block on the patient's right shoulder instead of the patient's left shoulder. The physician on 10-16-2009 entered into a Settlement Agreement and a Final Order was filed by the Florida Board of Medicine on 02-19-2010. The disciplinary measures imposed on the physician included a letter of concern, fine, administrative costs, community service, continuing medical education in risk management, and the presentation by the physician of a lecture/seminar on wrong site procedures.
- The physician shall pay a fine in the amount of $500.00 within ninety days.
- The physician shall provide written evidence to the Georgia Composite Medical Board of having complied with all of the terms of the Florida Board of Medicine Final Order by 08-01-2011.
- State: Georgia
Education & Training
Languages Spoken by Dr. Gorrell & Staff