Allegation of Complaint:
Dr. Kasia Van Pett; License # MD20623
Nature of Complaint:
The physician was chronically delinquent in her charting and failed to address her delinquent charting despite repeated requests to correct this deficiency from her employer. The physician also failed to respond to repeated patient requests to provide access or copies of their charts. The physician also in January 2005 performed a cervical fusion procedure on the wrong site and failed to timely inform the patient of the error after the operation.
The physician also in 2008 failed to repond to board requests for copies of identified delinquent medical records.
The physician also on 12-04-2008 failed to appear before the Investigative Committee to answer questions regarding her resignation in December 2007 from the Neuro-Spine Institute in Eugene, Oregon, failure to keep medical charts updated, practice concerns with regard to specific patients, and lack of reponse to board inquiries.
Action Taken-Stipulated Order
The Oregon Medical Board has placed the physician's license to practice medicine in the State of Oregon on Probation for a minimum period of ten years subject to various probationary terms and conditions including but not limited to the following:
- The physician has been issued a Reprimand by the board.
- The physician's license to practice medicine has been Suspended for a minimum period of two years effective 09-10-2008 which is the date the board issued the Order of Emergency Suspension
- The physician prior to submitting an application to reactivate her medical license must undergo an evaluation by a pre-approved mental health professional.
- The physician must complete a re-entry evaluation program .
- The physician must submit a re-entry plan prior to applying to reactivate her medical license.
- The physician shall maintain accurate and timely medical charts.
- The physician shall complete all charts within ten days of each patient visit.
- The physician shall provide a copy of this order to any employer in the healthcare field or prior to accepting any offer for employment.
- The physician's practice shall be subject to no-notice compliance inspections.
- The physician shall obey all laws and regulations governing the practice of medicine in the State of Oregon.