Dr. Guevara's Experience
Research training, expertise and qualifications
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine, 2005
Procedures Dr. Guevara Performs
Dr. Guevara does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Guevara and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.
Conditions Dr. Guevara Treats
Dr. Guevara does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Guevara and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.
Background Check for Dr. Guevara
- No malpractice history found for Texas.
- No sanctions history found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
- Failure to keep adequate medical records (8/27/2010)
- Action Taken: Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
Dr. Jorge R Guevara; License # J9070
Nature of Complaint:
The Board staff charged that the physician failed to adequately evaluate or treat a patient’s symptoms of chest pain; misdiagnosed patient with uncontrolled hypertension; performed a pelvic exam in a negligent manner; and failed to discuss test results with the patient. The Panel determined that the physician met the standard of care for the patient. However, the Panel further found that the physician failed to maintain an adequate and complete medical record for the patient.
The Texas Medical Board Orders that the physician shall be subject, but not limited to, the following terms and conditions:
- The physician shall successfully complete at least 8 hours of CME, within 1 year from the date of the entry of this Order.
- The physician shall comply with all the provisions of the Act and other statutes regulating his practice.
- The physician shall cooperate with the Board and the Board staff.
- The physician shall be permitted to supervise and delegate prescriptive authority to physician assistants and advanced practice nurses, and to supervise surgical assistants.
- This Order shall automatically terminate upon the physician’s submission of sufficient evidence that he successfully completed the requirement listed above, in number 1.
Ocrtober 7, 2010 - Status Cleared
- State: Texas
Education & Training
Languages Spoken by Dr. Guevara & Staff