Procedures Dr. Tasker Performs
Dr. Tasker does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Tasker and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.
Conditions Dr. Tasker Treats
Dr. Tasker does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Tasker and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.
Background Check for Dr. Tasker
- No malpractice history found for Tennessee.
- Misprescribing or Overprescribing Drugs (7/20/2010)
- Action Taken: Probation
John James Tasker, MD License # 17578
Nature of Complaint
In August of 2007 a non-random review of eighteen of the physician’s patient charts indicate that fifteen of the eighteen charts showed the physician prescribed controlled substances for pain without complying with one or more of the requirements of the applicable statues, rules, and standards of acceptable medical practice.
In October 2008 the physician received a letter of warning form the Board stating that it was impossible to read the progress notes and documentation of examinations in the physician’s medical records. The physician immediately implemented a customized electronic medical record system and notified the Board of this change in March 2009.
The physician has enrolled in and intends to complete the course “Medical Record Keeping” on November 4 and 5, 2010 at his own expense. In addition the physician has obtained a monitoring agreement.
The physician entered into an Agreed Order with the Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners in which the physician agrees to the following and is not limited to the following.
- The Board has ORDERED that the physician’s medical license shall be placed on Probation for a period of five years, subject to various conditions.
- The Board has ORDERED that the physician shall pay fifteen Civil Penalties in the amount of $500.00 each for a total of $ $7,500.00.
- The Board has ORDERED that the physician pay costs in the amount of $7,500.00.
March 23, 2011 – Agreed Order Amending Order of July 20, 1010
The Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners has ORDERED the numbered paragraphs one, two and three appearing under “Conditions of Probation” commencing on page six of the Agreed Order dated July 20, 2010 amended.
- State: Tennessee
- No board actions found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
Education & Training
Languages Spoken by Dr. Tasker & Staff