Dr. Stamatos' Background
Research training, expertise and qualifications
Procedures Dr. Stamatos Performs
Dr. Stamatos doesn't have any procedures listed. If you're Dr. Stamatos and would like to add procedures, please log in to the physician portal to update your profile.
Conditions Dr. Stamatos Treats
Dr. Stamatos doesn't have any conditions listed. If you're Dr. Stamatos and would like to add conditions, please log in to the physician portal to update your profile.
Background Check for Dr. Stamatos
- No malpractice history found for New York.
- No sanctions history found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
- 2013-12-05T23:28:30 (10/1/2010)
- Action Taken: Education
Allegation of Complaint:
Dr. John Milton Stamatos; License # 195317
Nature of Complaint:
The physician failed to provide appropriate care and treatment to three patients at a hospital located in Syosset, New York. The physician with regard to the first patient failed to properly secure the intrathecal pump within the subcutaneous pocket during a pump implantation procedure. The physician with regard to the second patient inappropriately prescribed excessively high dosages of Dilaudid and Morphine for a patient-controlled analgesia pump. The physician with regard to the third patient failed to follow up on the patient's chest x-ray. The physician did not contest the charge of negligence on more than one occasion.
The physician has entered into a Consent Agreement and Order with the New York State Board for Professional Medical Conduct subject to the following:
- The physician has been issued a Censure and Reprimand by the board.
- The physician shall complete sixteen hours of a board approved retraining course in the use of opioids in pain management within six months.
- The physician shall pay a Fine in the amount of $5,000.00 within thirty days.
- State: New York
Education & Training
Languages Spoken by Dr. Stamatos & Staff