Dr. Loo's Experience
Research training, expertise and qualifications
- Family Medicine
- Family Practice, 1997
Procedures Dr. Loo Performs
Dr. Loo does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Loo and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.
Conditions Dr. Loo Treats
Dr. Loo does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Loo and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.
Background Check for Dr. Loo
Malpractice Claims not available
- Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.
- Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence (4/14/2010)
- Action Taken: Probation
- Allegation of Complaint:
Dr. James Douglas Loo; License # 22743
Nature of Complaint:
The patient was being treated by the respondent for alcohol and benzodiazepine abuse and opiate withdrawal. The respondent deviated from the standard of care because he did not maintain appropriate boundaries in his patient/physician relationship with a patient and he did not advise the patient to avoid consuming alcohol. The respondent went to a bar where the patient was employed, drank alcoholic beverages with her, and offered the patient a drink at the bar, while he was treating her for addiction.
It is hereby Ordered that the respondent is issued a Letter of Reprimand. The respondent is placed on probation for a period of 1 year with the following terms and conditions:
- The respondent shall obtain 15-20 hours of Board staff approved CME in a comprehensive boundaries course, within 6 months of this Order.
- The respondent shall obey all laws and all rules governing the practice of medicine in the State of Arizona.
September 15, 2010 - Probation Terminated
- State: Arizona
- No board actions found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
Education & Training
Languages Spoken by Dr. Loo & Staff