Dr. Derakhshan's Experience
Research training, expertise and qualifications
- Neurology, 1977
- EEG (Electroencephalogram)
- Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Autonomic Disorders
- Bell's Palsy
- Brain and Nervous System Cancer (incl. Gliomas, Astrocytoma, Schwannoma, Medulloblastoma, Chordoma)
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Injury
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
- Cerebral Vascular Disease
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Cranial Trauma
- Diabetic Polyneuropathy
- Essential Tremor
- Gait Abnormality
- Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
- Intervertebral Disc Herniation
- Low Back Pain
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Nerve Sheath Tumors
- Optic Neuritis
- Parkinson's Disease
- Peripheral Nerve Disorders
- Post-Laminectomy Syndrome
- Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
- Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Sleep Apnea
- Spina Bifida
- Spinal Stenosis
- Stiff-Man Syndrome
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Visual Field Defects
Background Check for Dr. Derakhshan
- No malpractice history found for West Virginia.
- Disciplinary action in another state (1/11/2006)
- Action Taken: Revocation
- Allegation of Complaint:
Dr Iraj Derakhshan; License # 35037499
Nature of Complaint:
The Physician has been the subject of disciplinary action in another state.
The Physician has been discipined in the State of West Virginia.
The Board has Revoked the Physician's license to practice medicine in the State of Ohio.
January 20, 2006-Appeal Filed
The Physician has filed an appeal.
March 9, 2007-Court Action
The Frnaklin County Court of Common Pleas dismissed the Physician's appeal of the Board's January 11, 2006 Order.
April 2, 2007-Court Action
The Physician has filed a Notice of Appeal to the Tenth District Court of Appeals.
October 30, 2007-Court Action
The Tenth District Court of Appeals reversed the judgment of the Franklin County Court of Common Pleas which had dismissed the physician's appeal of the 01-01-2006 board order and remanded the matter to the Court of Common Pleas for consideration of the appeal.
December 11, 2007-Court Action
The Tenth District Court of Appeals denied the board's request for reconsideration of the court's decision of 10-30-2007.
April 14, 2008-Court Action
The Franklin County Court of Common Pleas remanded the matter to the board for consideration of the appropriate sanction in light of the 10-30-2007 decision of the Tenth District Court of Appeals.
May 14, 2008-Consent Agreement
The board has Permanently Limited and Restricted the physician's license to practice medicine in the State of Ohio as follows:
- The physician shall not examine more than twenty-five patients in a twenty-four hour period excluding patients the physician visits or treats in any hospital.
- State: Ohio
Education & Training
Languages Spoken by Dr. Derakhshan & Staff