Dr. Ian Madom, MD

Dr. Ian Madom, MD http://d1ffafozi03i4l.cloudfront.net/img/silhouettes/silhouette-male_w120h160_v1.jpg Visit Healthgrades for information on Dr. Ian Madom, MD. Find Phone & Address information, medical practice history, affiliated hospitals and more.

Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery • Male • Age 39

OverviewExperienceHospital QualityPatient SatisfactionAppointments & Offices

Key things you need to know about
Dr. Madom:

Dr. Madom's Experience

Research training, expertise and qualifications

The right hospital is as important as the right doctor

Crouse Hospital
736 Irving Ave
Syracuse, NY 13210
Upstate University Hospital
750 E Adams St
Syracuse, NY 13210

MoreKnow where you'll be treated

Hospital Quality Matters

9 Facts About Hospital Quality

Patients’ risk of dying during a hospital stay for heart bypass surgery could be 87.4% lower, on average, at a hospital rated 5 stars compared to a hospital rated 1 star for that procedure. Choosing the right hospital is critical to your health. View Slideshow

Patient Satisfaction

East Syracuse Office
MoreSchedule an appointment
Prepare For Your Appointment

7 Tips to Prepare for Your Appointment

The key to a successful appointment is communication. To get the most out of your visit, prepare ahead of time so you can lead the conversation with your doctor. These 7 tips will get you ready

Directions to Dr. Madom's Office

From:
To:

Find the Right Doctor For You.

Dr. Kevin Setter, MD
Dr. Emil Azer, MD
Dr. Stephen Albanese, MD
Dr. Glenn B. Axelrod, MD
3.86 miles away
The VideoCalloutContainer had no content.
  1. Healthgrades
    How to Pick the Right Doctor 229x127

10 Steps to Pick the Right Doctor

Whether you need a primary care doctor or a specialist, these 10 steps will ensure you find the right doctor for you. View Slideshow

Dr. Madom's Experience

• Hip Replacement
    • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
    • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
    • Knee Surgery
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
    • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
    • Spinal Fusion
    • Spinal Nerve Block
    • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
    • Spine Fracture Treatment

Conditions Dr. Madom Treats

Dr. Madom does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Madom and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Background Check for Dr. Madom

• No malpractice history found for New York.
    • No sanctions history found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.

• No board actions found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.

Awards & Recognitions

9 Facts About Hospital Quality

Dr. Madom's Hospital Quality

The right hospital is as important as the right doctor

Healthgrades Hospital Quality Ratings

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Madom has admitting privileges:

Viewing 1 of 2

Patient Satisfaction

Patients' feedback on their experience with Dr. Madom

Dr. Ian Madom, MD
    Are you Dr. Madom?
    Post a response on your personalized profile.

Likelihood to Recommend

• 30 responses
    • 15 reviews

4.6 out of 5

More Details

- in Utica, NY |

I was referred to Dr. Madom by my most respected GYN doctor. I was confident in pursuing Dr. Madom for help with back & leg pain. He was efficient in identifying & explaining the extent of my problem. I chose surgery fully aware of the risk & complications, as well as benefit. My surgery and post-op care passed with ease. I am happy to be pain free and back to all my normal activities. I can not praise Dr. Madom enough for his surgical expertise & excellent bed side manner. Many thanks!

- in Camillus, NY |

Can't say enough good things about Dr. Madom. I presented with an acute problem, was seen promptly and scheduled for surgery promptly. The improvement in my very severe symptoms was immediate after surgery and after one year I have completely recovered. Dr. Madom is a very skilled physician, extremely pleasant and explains everything very clearly. I would, without hesitation, recommend him to family and friends.

- in Syracuse, NY |

Before I saw Dr. Madom, I could hardly walk the distance of my sort driveway and was experiencing chronic low back pain.. Dr. Madom was warm, friendly, extremely knowledgeable and very honest. He didn't jump into recommending surgery. In fact he told me all the possible negatives of having a major back operation and suggested that I think about it for a week and then call him back with my decision. I opted for the surgery and it has given me back my life. He's a very excellent surgeon!!

- in Syracuse, NY |

I went to Dr. Madom for a second opinion on a possible spine surgery. My experience with him was the complete opposite from the original surgeon. Dr. Madom is very approachable, never rushed through any of my appointments, and always answered all of my questions. On my surgery day, he saw me pre-op, post-op, and came twice to my hospital room to check on my progress all within 24 hours. I highly recommend all patients get a second opinion, and I highly recommend Dr Madom.

- in Cicero, NY |

I have been a patient of Dr. Modom's for over two years with varying ailments caused by arthritis. Last year Dr. Modom performed a highly successful spinal fusion surgery to correct numbness in both hands and I am currently under his care and supervision for a lower spine condition. Dr.Modom has consistently demonstrated to me that he is a highly qualified, caring medical professional who places quality patient care at the forefront of his practice. I would highly recommend Dr. Modom to anyone.

- in Oswego, NY |

My initial visit was an experience of the unknown for my understanding of my medical condition. Dr. Madom was very kind in his comportment to me and very clear as to what my diagnosis could be. I was then scheduled to have several tests and he acted quickly and specifically with what the tests showed. I have the utmost confidence in his ability and have been very pleased with his expertise. Dr. Madom performed surgery on my spine to remove cancer. Dr. Madom is an exceptional Orthopedist!

- in Syracuse |

Dr. Madom is an amazing surgeon. I had spine surgery and I could not have asked for a better Dr. Dr. Madom explained all of my options and steps in the procedure he recommended. My surgery went exactly as planned. Dr. Madom spent a great deal of time answering all of my questions. I never felt like he was rushing to his next patient. Dr. Madom and his staff are exemplary.

- in Syracuse, NY |

Dr. Madom is an amazing Surgeon. I had spine surgery .My entire experience was excellent. Dr Madom took a great deal of time explaining options and procedures. When I was in his office I never felt like he was rushing to his next partient. Dr. Madom was patient with all of my questions , and visited me daily at the hospital to check on my progress. I would recommend anyone who has a spine issue to go and see Dr. Madom. You will be very impressed with him and his entire staff.

- in Jordan, NY |

I went to see Dr. Ian Madom in August of 2015 after years of chronic leg pain. He listened to my symptoms, ran tests and found what other doctors missed, which was a spinal compression. Within 10 days, I had surgery to fix the issue and it changed my life. Because of Dr. Madom, I have my quality of life back and am able to enjoy time with my grandchildren, pain free! He is patient, kind, and very thorough in explaining steps A to Z. I could not be happier with my surgical results.

- in Delhi, NY |

Due to a fall in October 2015 my neck was broken, displaced and had paralysis of my left arm. Was scheduled for surgery the very next day after my initial appt. Dr. Madom, the staff at his office and Crouse Hospital were very professional and caring. The surgery went very well. With physical therapy and determination I have full use of my arm again and will be back to work soon.

Page of 2
  4. Recommended Reading

Appointments & Offices

Check insurance plans, locations and make an appointment

Is Dr. Madom accepting new patients?

What insurance does he accept?*

* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.

Office Locations

A
    Nikhil Thakur, MD
    East Syracuse Office
    (315) 464-4472 (Office)
    (315) 464-5223 (Fax)
    Loading map...

Know Before You Go

Are You a Good Candidate for Knee Replacement?

If knee pain is so severe that it causes damage and diminishes your quality of life, your doctor might suggest knee replacement.

Benefits and Side Effects of Opioid Painkillers

These powerful pain relievers come with significant risks and side effects.

How Much Does Knee Replacement Cost?

Your out-of-pocket expenses will be determined by insurance coverage, and where you have the surgery.
  5. How was your experience with Dr. Madom?

Help other patients, and let the doctor know how he's doing

How was your experience with Dr. Madom?
    Likelihood of recommending Dr. Madom to family and friends*
    Tell us about your experience with Dr. Madom
    Tell us about the office & staff
    Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
    Staff friendliness and courteousness
    Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
    Tell us about Dr. Madom
    Level of trust in provider's decisions
    How well provider explains medical condition(s)
    How well provider listens and answers questions
    Spends appropriate amount of time with patients
    Tell us about yourself How's this used?
    Your gender:

Your age group:
    18 – 24 years old
    Number of office visits you've had in the last 2 years:
    0 visits
    Display Name:
    City, State:
    Email: *
    How would you like to verify your survey? *

Standard text messaging and data rates may apply.

Submit Survey

We will be sending you a link to verify your survey.

* Required

By submitting your survey, you agree to the terms and conditions of Healthgrades User Agreement, Editorial Policy, and Privacy Policy, and acknowledge you or a family member has been a patient of the provider.