Dr. Bekele's Experience
Research training, expertise and qualifications
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology, 1997
- Internal Medicine, 1995
Procedures Dr. Bekele Performs
Dr. Bekele does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Bekele and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Adrenal Incidentaloma
- Adrenal Insufficiency
- Diabetes Insipidus, Neurogenic
- Diabetes Type 2
- Follicular Thyroid Cancer
- Juvenile Diabetes
- Medullary Thyroid Cancer
- Metabolic Disorders
- Pancreatic Islet Cell Tumors (Functioning Tumor)
- Papillary Thyroid Cancer
- Parathyroid Disorders
- Pituitary Disease
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Thyroid Disease
- Thyroid Eye Disease
Background Check for Dr. Bekele
Awards & Recognitions
Media & Publications
- America's Top Physicians, 2010
- Most Compassionate Doctor, 2010
- Endocrine Society Travel Award, 1997
- America's Top Physicians, 2009
- Patient's Choice On Time Physician Award, 2009
- Wilson, CA., Bekele, G., Nicolson, M., Ravussin, E., Pratley, R.E. Relations of the White Blood Cell Count to Body Fat: Role of Leptin. British Journal of Hematology 99:447-451, 1997.
- Bekele, G., Kabadi, UM. Gastrointestinal Manifestations of Diabetes Mellitus. Int. J. Diab. Dev. Countries 16:54-58, 1996.
- Bekele, G., Fekede, D., Gedebou, M. Shigellemia in Adults: Case reports and literature review. Ethiop. Med. J. : 24:25-29, 1986.
- Bekele, G., Felicetta, J.V., Gani, O., Shah, I.A. Malignant Thymic Carcinoid in MEN 1 Syndrome: Case report and literature review. Endoc. Pract. 4:153-158, 1998.
- Plasma Level Distribution, Effect and Toxicity of Anti-epileptic Drugs among Ethiopian Epileptics.
- Abdulkadir, J., Mengistu, M., Bekele, G. A study of the Transfer of Insulin- requiring Diabetic Patients from U-40 to U-100 Lente Insulin. Ethiop. Med. J. 30:105-110, 1992.
Education & Training
- Addis Ababa University, Faculty Of Medicine
- Graduated in 1980
- University Hospital-St Paul
- St Paul, At Southwestern Medical Center and Parkland Memorial Hospital
- Complete in 1995
- Good Samaritan and Carl T. Hayden Va Medical Centers, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Niddk-Nih/Phoenix Indian Hospital, and Maricopa County Hospital
- Complete in 1997
- McGill University Hospitals/Montreal General Hospital, Montreal Childrens Hospital, and Queen Victoria Hospital
- Complete in 1991
Languages Spoken by Dr. Bekele & Staff