Dr. Downs' Background
Research training, expertise and qualifications
- Family Medicine
- Family Practice, 1983
Procedures Dr. Downs Performs
Dr. Downs does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Downs and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.
Conditions Dr. Downs Treats
Dr. Downs does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Downs and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.
Background Check for Dr. Downs
Malpractice Claims not available
- Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Iowa.
- No sanctions history found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
- Noncompliance with a Professional Rule (5/13/2009)
- Action Taken: Physician Monitoring
Allegation of Complaint:
Dr. Frank Stephen Downs; License # 19752
Nature of Complaint:
The board concluded that the physician violated the Iowa Physician Health Program Initial Agreement by refusing to sign the Physician Health Contract and that the physician suffers from depression which may impair the physician's ability to practice medicine.
The board has ordered that the physician's license to practice medicine in the State of Iowa shall be subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The physician shall comply with all requirements of a monitoring program.
- The physician shall abstain from alcohol.
- The physician shall not use any controlled or prescription drugs unless prescribed by a duly licensed treating physician or health care provider.
- The physician shall submit to random alcohol and drug screenings.
- The physician shall undergo a comprehensive physical evaluation.
- The physician shall undergo psychiatric treatment and medication management by a board approved psychiatrist qualified in addiction.
- The physician shall undergo weekly individual therapy by a board approved therapist who shall submit quarterly reports to the board.
- The physician shall be supervised by a board approved worksite monitor who shall submit quarterly reports to the board.
- The physician shall submit quarterly declarations of compliance to the board.
- The physician shall appear before the board upon request.
- State: Iowa
Education & Training
Languages Spoken by Dr. Downs & Staff