Dr. Ritchey's Background
Research training, expertise and qualifications
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology, 1985
- Internal Medicine, 1983
Procedures Dr. Ritchey Performs
Dr. Ritchey does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Ritchey and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.
Conditions Dr. Ritchey Treats
Dr. Ritchey does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Ritchey and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.
Background Check for Dr. Ritchey
0 Malpractice Claims
- No malpractice history found for Texas.
- Other (6/14/2013)
- Action Taken: Surrender
- Allegation of Complaint: Please reference the following Document
- Documentation: Download here (PDF)
- State: Texas
1 Board Action
- Misprescribing or Overprescribing Drugs (2/5/2010)
- Action Taken: Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
Allegation of Complaint:
Dr. Elizabeth Elliott Ritchey; License # G6604
Nature of Complaint:
The physician failed to appropriately diagnose, treat or document care provided to nine patients. The physician nontherapeutically prescribed amphetamines, narcotics and benzodiazepines in excessive amounts, and unusual and dangerous combinations often in conjunction with anti-depressants and other psychotropic drugs. The physician prescribed medications contraindicated by the patients history of other diseases and the physician failed to adequately monitor their side effects. The physician's medical records lacked documentation that would justify the physician's diagnoses and treatment provided.
The physician has entered into an Agreed Order with the Texas Medical Board for a period of two years subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The physician's practice shall be monitored by a board designated physician monitor.
- The physician shall implement recommendations submitted by her monitor as directed by the Compliance Division.
- The physician shall successfully pass the Texas Medical Jurisprudence Examination within three attempts within one year.
- The physician shall successfully complete ten hours each of board approved continuing medical education in medical recordkeeping and chronic pain management.
- The physician for a period of one year shall maintain a log of all prescriptions written by the physician for controlled substances or dangerous drugs with addictive potential or potential for abuse and shall be made available for inspection.
- State: Texas
Education & Training
- Tulane University School Of Medicine
- Graduated in 1980
- University Of Texas Health Science Center
- Complete in 1981
Languages Spoken by Dr. Ritchey & Staff