Dr. Baylor III's Experience
Research training, expertise and qualifications
Procedures Dr. Baylor III Performs
Dr. Baylor III does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Baylor III and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.
Conditions Dr. Baylor III Treats
Dr. Baylor III does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Baylor III and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.
Background Check for Dr. Baylor III
- No malpractice history found for Tennessee.
- No sanctions history found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
- Misprescribing or Overprescribing Drugs (7/20/2010)
- Action Taken: Education
Allegation of Complaint:
Edward M Baylor, MD License # 15492
Nature of Complaint
From January 2009 until September 2009, the physician continued several of his patients on regular doses of antibiotics and narcotic sough syrup for months. Repetition of essentially the same findings on physical examination, combined with the absence of diagnostic and laboratory tests with the exception of repeated rapid strep tests, raises questions regarding the propriety of the diagnoses and the therapeutic plans followed for several patients.
The physician has entered into a Consent Order with the Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners in which the physician agrees to the following and is not limited to the following.
- The physician’s Tennessee Medical License is Reprimanded.
- For the next five years, in addition to required continuing education credits, the physician shall complete an additional ten hours of education in the area of Family Practice and submit proof of completion to the Board.
The Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners takes this action in order to protect the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of the State of Tennessee.
- State: Tennessee
Education & Training
Languages Spoken by Dr. Baylor III & Staff