Denise J Signs, MD License # 35 049278
Nature of Agreement
The physician admits that she relapsed on alcohol a short time after her discharge from an inpatient treatment provider on or about November 20, 2005. The physician admits further that she has been found guilty of three alcohol-related offenses in 2004, 2005, and 2008. On or about July 12, 2010 the physician underwent a Board-ordered 72-hour inpatient evaluation at a Board-approved treatment provider. The physician has been diagnosed with Alcohol Dependence, Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia and found to be currently unable to practice according to acceptable and prevailing standards of care due to habitual or excessive use of alcohol. The physician began inpatient treatment on or about July 21, 2010.
The physician further admits that on multiple occasion, during the period of October 2005 through August 2009, she answered multiple questions on her applications for renewal of her medical license falsely.
In Lieu of formal proceedings the physician entered into a Step I Consent Agreement with the State Medical Board of Ohio subject to various terms, conditions and limitations including and not limited to the following.
- The physician’s certificate to practice medicine and surgery in the State of Ohio shall be Indefinitely Suspended for not less than 270 days.
- The physician shall be subject to Sobriety.
- The physician shall be subject to Drug and Alcohol Screens which shall be conducted through a Board-approved drug testing facility and Collection Site.
- The physician shall be subject to participation in a Rehabilitation Program such as AA, NA, CA or Caduceus.
- The physician shall be subject to Psychiatric Treatment.
- Conditions for reinstatement have been established.
- The physician shall be subject to Required Reporting including to all employers or entities with which she is under contract to provide health care services or is receiving training.
In the event that the physician violates any term or condition of the Consent Agreement, the Board reserves the right to institute formal disciplinary proceedings.