- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Intervertebral Disc Herniation
- Low Back Pain
- Osteoarthritis of Spine
- Post-Laminectomy Syndrome
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spine Deformities
- Spine Fractures, Traumatic
Background Check for Dr. Tomaszek
- No malpractice history found for Texas.
- No sanctions history found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
- Noncompliance with a Professional Rule (8/21/2009)
- Action Taken: Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
Allegation of Complaint:
Dr. David Edward Tomaszek; License # K9191
Nature of Complaint:
The physician failed to obtain an updated MRI from August 2005 and did not document as to why he did not think that it was necessary to get an MRI updated before performing the cervical diskectomy on 09-20-2007.
The physician has entered into an Agreed Order with the Texas Medical Board subject to the following terms and conditons:
- The physician within one year shall successfully complete eight hours of board approved continuing medical education in medical recordkeeping and sixteen hours of CME in minimally invasive spine surgery.
- The physician shall pay an administrative penalty in the amount of $2000.00 within 180 days to the board.
- State: Texas
Education & Training
Languages Spoken by Dr. Tomaszek & Staff