- Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
- Nerve Block, Somatic
- Nerve Block, Sympathetic
- Spinal Nerve Block
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Intervertebral Disc Herniation
- Low Back Pain
- Osteoarthritis of Spine
- Post-Laminectomy Syndrome
- Radiculopathy (not Due to Disc Displacement)
- Secondary Malignancies
- Spinal Stenosis
Background Check for Dr. Disanto
Malpractice Claims not available
- Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Rhode Island.
- No sanctions history found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
- Other (4/8/2009)
- Action Taken: Other
Allegation of Complaint:
Dr. David J. Disanto; License # MD05417
Nature of Complaint:
The physician performed office based facet joint injections without the benefit of fluroscopic guidance as required by Rhode Island Medicare. The physician has also entered into a Settlement Agreement with the United States Department of Justice regarding the injection since the injections should have been billed as trigger point injections instead of facet joint injections.
Action Taken-Assurance of Discontinuance
The physician has entered into an agreement with the Rhode Island Department of Health, Board of Medical Licensure and Discipline whereby the physician has agreed to discontinue performing facet joint injections unless the physician is using proper fluoroscoopic assistance during the procedure.
- State: Rhode Island
Education & Training
Languages Spoken by Dr. Disanto & Staff