Dr. Marks' Background
Research training, expertise and qualifications
- Emergency Medicine - Board Certified
Procedures Dr. Marks Performs
Dr. Marks doesn't have any procedures listed. If you're Dr. Marks and would like to add procedures, please log in to the physician portal to update your profile.
Conditions Dr. Marks Treats
Dr. Marks doesn't have any conditions listed. If you're Dr. Marks and would like to add conditions, please log in to the physician portal to update your profile.
Background Check for Dr. Marks
- No malpractice history found for Nevada.
- Disciplinary action in another state (3/29/2010)
- Action Taken: Probation
- Allegation of Complaint:
Dr. Dana Ralph Marks; License # A56403
Nature of Complaint:
The physician has been the subject of disciplinary action in another state.
The Nevada Board of Medical Examiners on 10-14-2008 placed the physician on probation for a period of sixty months subject to various probationary terms and conditions. The action was based upon the physician had prescribed controlled substances to two patients in 2007 without an appropriate examination, without medical indication, and without maintaining a medical record.
The Medical Board of California has Revoked the physician's license to practice medicine and surgery in the State of California. The revocation has been Stayed and the physician has been placed on Probation for a period of three years subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The physician shall successfully complete a board approved prescribing practices course within the first six months of probation.
- The physician shall successfully complete a board approved medical recordkeeping course within the first six months of probation.
- The physician shall successfully complete a board approved ethics course within the first year of probation.
- The physician shall maintain a controlled substances log of all controlled substances ordered, prescribed, dispensed, administered or possessed by the physician.
- The physician's records and any inventories of controlled substances shall be available for inspection and copying on the premises by the board.
- The physician shall submit proof of compliance of the notification requirement to the board.
- The physician shall not supervise physician assistants.
- The physician shall obey all laws and all rules governing the practice of medicine in the State of California.
- The physician shall submit quarterly declarations of compliance to the board.
- The physician shall appear before the board upon request.
- The physician shall pay probation monitoring costs.
- State: California
- No board actions found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
Education & Training
Languages Spoken by Dr. Marks & Staff