Dr. James' Experience
- Pain Medicine
- Chronic Pain Management
- Intrathecal Drug Delivery System Insertion
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Knee Pain
- Neck Pain
Background Check for Dr. James
- No malpractice history found for Florida.
- No sanctions history found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
- Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence (10/1/2012)
- Action Taken: Release from Prior Order
- Summary: Dr. Brian Chivas James; License # ME68542; Case # 2010-01021; NATURE OF COMPLAINT: The physician previously on 06-15-2011 entered into a Settlement Agreement with the Florida Board of Medicine.; ACTION TAKEN-Obligations Satisfied
- State: Florida
- Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence (6/15/2011)
- Action Taken: Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
Dr. Brian Chivas James; License # ME68542; Case # 2010-01021
Nature of Complaint:
The physician failed to meet the acceptable standard of care for a patient. The physician failed to vigilantly monitor the patient for compliance with the patient's pain medication in that there is only one documented urine screen on file. The physician failed to attempt to decrease the patient's use of chronic opiate and non-opiate medications.
Action Taken-Final Order-Settlement Agreement
- The physician has been issued a letter of concern from the Florida Board of Medicine.
- The physician shall pay a fine in the amount of $5,000.00 within thirty days.
- The physician shall pay costs in the amount of $2,794.28 within thirty days.
- The physician shall complete the Legal & Ethical Implications in Medicine Physician's Survival Guide Laws & Rules Course administered by the Florida Medical Association or a Board approved equivalent within eighteen months.
- The physician shall complete the Prescribing Controlled Drugs: Critical Issues & Common Pitfalls of Misprescribing Course sponsored by the University of South Florida or a Board approved equivalent within one year.
- The physician shall perform fifty hours of community service within one year.
- The physician shall complete five hours of continuing medical education in risk management within one year.
- The physician shall appear before the Board upon request.
- State: Florida
Education & Training
Languages Spoken by Dr. James & Staff