Dr. James' Experience
- Pain Medicine
- Chronic Pain Management
- Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
- Intrathecal Drug Delivery System Insertion
- Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
- Nerve Block, Somatic
- Nerve Block, Sympathetic
- Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
- Non-Spinal Nerve Blocks
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Spinal Nerve Block
- Steroid Injection
- Trigger Point Injection
- Autonomic Disorders
- Back Pain
- Chronic Neck Pain
- Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis)
- Intervertebral Disc Herniation
- Knee Pain
- Low Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Osteoarthritis of Hip
- Osteoarthritis of Spine
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain
- Phantom Limb Pain
- Postherpetic Neuralgia
- Post-Laminectomy Syndrome
- Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spine Deformities
- Spine Fractures, Traumatic
- Thoracic Spine Pain
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
Background Check for Dr. James
- No malpractice history found for Florida.
- No sanctions history found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
- Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence (10/1/2012)
- Action Taken: Release from Prior Order
- Summary: Dr. Brian Chivas James; License # ME68542; Case # 2010-01021; NATURE OF COMPLAINT: The physician previously on 06-15-2011 entered into a Settlement Agreement with the Florida Board of Medicine.; ACTION TAKEN-Obligations Satisfied
- State: Florida
- Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence (6/15/2011)
- Action Taken: Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
Dr. Brian Chivas James; License # ME68542; Case # 2010-01021
Nature of Complaint:
The physician failed to meet the acceptable standard of care for a patient. The physician failed to vigilantly monitor the patient for compliance with the patient's pain medication in that there is only one documented urine screen on file. The physician failed to attempt to decrease the patient's use of chronic opiate and non-opiate medications.
Action Taken-Final Order-Settlement Agreement
- The physician has been issued a letter of concern from the Florida Board of Medicine.
- The physician shall pay a fine in the amount of $5,000.00 within thirty days.
- The physician shall pay costs in the amount of $2,794.28 within thirty days.
- The physician shall complete the Legal & Ethical Implications in Medicine Physician's Survival Guide Laws & Rules Course administered by the Florida Medical Association or a Board approved equivalent within eighteen months.
- The physician shall complete the Prescribing Controlled Drugs: Critical Issues & Common Pitfalls of Misprescribing Course sponsored by the University of South Florida or a Board approved equivalent within one year.
- The physician shall perform fifty hours of community service within one year.
- The physician shall complete five hours of continuing medical education in risk management within one year.
- The physician shall appear before the Board upon request.
- State: Florida
Education & Training
Languages Spoken by Dr. James & Staff