Dr. Ware's Experience
Research training, expertise and qualifications
- Family Medicine
- Family Practice, 1984
Procedures Dr. Ware Performs
Dr. Ware does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Ware and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.
Conditions Dr. Ware Treats
Dr. Ware does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Ware and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.
Background Check for Dr. Ware
- No malpractice history found for Virginia.
- No sanctions history found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
- Professional Misconduct (11/2/2011)
- Action Taken: Release from Prior Order
- Allegation of Complaint: Please reference the following Document
- State: Virginia
- Documentation: Download here (PDF)
- Professional Misconduct (2/2/2011)
- Action Taken: Education
Allegation of Complaint:
Dr. Bradley Richard Ware; License # 0101050807
Nature of Complaint:
The physician from 10-17-2005 began prescribing narcotic medication for Patient A's chronic leg pain following the patient's tendon transfer surgery on 07-16-2005 until the patient's death by oxycodone poisoning on 04-21-2007.
The physician throughout the course of his treatment for the patient's chronic pain, failed to appropriately monitor and manage the patient's use of narcotics (fentanyl patches, hydrodocone, hydromorphone, and oxycodone) and/or benzodiazepines (alprazolam, clonazepam, diazepam, and lorazepam).
The physician stated to the Special Conference Committee that he no longer treats patients for chronic pain and defines chronic pain as that lasting more than fourteen days. The physician has established relationships with local pain management specialists so that the physician can quickly refer his patients requiring chronic pain management. The physician has implemented an electronic record system, made changes to his progress note format, begun utilization of an oral screening system for substance abuse, and registered to utilize the Prescription Monitoring Program.
The physician has been issued a Reprimand by the Virginia Board of Medicine. The physician's license shall be subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The physician within twelve months shall submit satisfactory proof to the Board that the physician has completed twelve hours each of board approved continuing medical education in proper prescribing and medical recordkeeping and six hours of board approved CME in managing the noncompliant patient.
- State: Virginia
Education & Training
Languages Spoken by Dr. Ware & Staff