Dr. Bernstein's Experience
Research training, expertise and qualifications
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Pediatric Psychiatry
- Child Psychiatry, 1978
- Psychiatry, 1977
Procedures Dr. Bernstein Performs
Dr. Bernstein does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Bernstein and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.
- Substance Abuse
Background Check for Dr. Bernstein
- No malpractice history found for Texas.
- No sanctions history found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
- Other (8/27/2010)
- Action Taken: Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
Dr. Basil Bernstein; License # F3043
Nature of Complaint:
It was alleged that the physician failed to appropriately evaluate and treat the patient by non-therapeutically prescribing two drugs, failing to implement a “weaning” process for one medication, despite the patients request to do so, and failing to appropriately address the patient’s issues related to her depression and mood swings. Also, it was alleged that the physician failed to document: symptoms and treatment plan for depression when there was a diagnosis of same in the medical records; dosages of the medications prescribed; justification for diagnostic tests ordered by the physician; and the reasons for continuing to treat and prescribe to the patient, after she had a positive drug screen.
The Texas Medical Board Orders that the physician shall be subject, but not limited to, the following terms and conditions:
- The physician shall successfully complete at least 24 hours of CME approved for Category I credits.
- The physician shall pay an administrative penalty in the amount of $2,000 within 60 days from the date of the entry of this Order.
- The physician shall comply with all the provisions of the Act and other statutes regulating his practice.
- The physician shall fully cooperate with the Board and the Board staff.
- The physician shall be permitted to supervise and delegate prescriptive authority to physician assistants and advanced practice nurses and to supervise surgical assistants.
- This Order shall automatically terminate upon the physician’s submission of sufficient evidence that he successfully completed the requirements listed above, in numbers one and two.
- State: Texas
Education & Training
Languages Spoken by Dr. Bernstein & Staff