Dr. Andrew D. Petersen, DO

Dr. Andrew D. Petersen, DO http://d1ffafozi03i4l.cloudfront.net/img/prov/Y/R/3/YR3FY_w120h160_v16163.jpg Visit Healthgrades for information on Dr. Andrew D. Petersen, DO. Find Phone & Address information, medical practice history, affiliated hospitals and more.

Specializes in Family Medicine • Male • Age 43

OverviewExperienceHospital QualityPatient SatisfactionAppointments & Offices

About Dr. Petersen

Key things you need to know about
Dr. Petersen:

Dr. Petersen's Experience

Research training, expertise and qualifications

Dr. Petersen's Specialties

MoreSchedule an appointment
Healthgrades
Prepare For Your Appointment

7 Tips to Prepare for Your Appointment

The key to a successful appointment is communication. To get the most out of your visit, prepare ahead of time so you can lead the conversation with your doctor. These 7 tips will get you ready

Directions to Dr. Petersen's Office

From:
To:
The VideoCalloutContainer had no content.
No map in the current tab
  1. Healthgrades
    How to Pick the Right Doctor 229x127

10 Steps to Pick the Right Doctor

Whether you need a primary care doctor or a specialist, these 10 steps will ensure you find the right doctor for you. View Slideshow

Dr. Petersen's Experience

• Hormone Imbalance
    • Lyme Disease
    • Thyroid Disease

Background Check for Dr. Petersen

• Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• No sanctions history found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.

• No board actions found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.

Awards & Recognitions

Languages Spoken by Dr. Petersen & Staff

2. Healthgrades
    Hospital Quality Matters

9 Facts About Hospital Quality

Patients’ risk of dying during a hospital stay for heart bypass surgery could be 87.4% lower, on average, at a hospital rated 5 stars compared to a hospital rated 1 star for that procedure. Choosing the right hospital is critical to your health. View Slideshow

3. Healthgrades
    patient satisfaction matters

8 Facts About Patient Satisfaction Surveys

Patient Satisfaction

Patients' feedback on their experience with Dr. Petersen

Dr. Andrew D. Petersen, DO
    Are you Dr. Petersen?
    Post a response on your personalized profile.

Likelihood to Recommend

4.1
    • 27 responses
    • 10 reviews

4.1 out of 5

More Details

1 out of 5
    - in Cottonwood Heights, UT |

He stated Reverse T3 was a T3 antagonist. Have not been able to find a medical study or information to prove that. Although I may be wrong. Also, he prefers Synthethic T3 over Natural Dessicated Thyroid medication. He says it's "the same". But lots of info online says otherwise. Also a bit pricey. Got me in some debt. Overall though, a decent doc. Very good listener.

- in Glenrock Wy |

My parents, myself, and my children have been patients of Dr. Peterson for several years. He is an amazing doctor! The amount of time that he spend talking with us about our medical history and ALL of our symptoms was kind of shocking at first. He is incredibly thorough, both in talking to us as patients and in the testing that he does. I have been so impressed with the progress we have made because of his willingness to do testing.

- in Orem, UT |

I have been very happy with Dr. Petersen. I have been seeing him for about three years. He spends time with patients and is very knowledgeable, and takes time to explain things. Does not take insurance but it has been worth it, even though I have insurance. He will always suggest natural alternatives to prescription drugs, but lets patients decided. He treats problems, not symptoms. He takes a lot of blood tests, which I like. I had seriously high chronic hypertension for over a decade. It was

- in Ogden, Utah |

I am thankful for his knowledge of tick borne diseases.

- in New York, NY |

I suffered from undiagnosed, chronic Lyme for a decade, before seeing Dr Petersen. After one visit, he knew I had Lyme, and showed me how all of my other diagnosis' we're related. He conducted very comprehensive blood testing, which confirmed his diagnosis. Now, I finally have hope that I can beat this horrible disease.

- in Springville, UT |

Dr. P and his staff are thorough, professional, knowledgeable and compassionate, helpful, and friendly. I finally have answers for why my health has been so poor,for so many years! They gave been a literal Godsend. My severe chronic pain has been cut in half (so far), and I have hope I did not have before. Love them!

- in Granbury, TX |

Dr Petersen found out what was wrong with me when no one else could. I went from Doctor to Doctor with few answers. Today I'm more than halfway through my treatment and have had the best guidance on how to tackle this crazy disease. Getting better every day. I know the real deal when I see it. Intelligent, kind, sincere and the best doctor I have seen yet. My blood work showed exactly what he thought I had and my symptoms matched the diagnosis. I'll be ever grateful. He has a true gift.

- in Gunnison, UT |

I went to Dr Peterson after several years of battling health problems and fatigue. Dr Peterson diagnosed me (after supporting labs) with Lyme disease, and he really seems to care about his patients getting well, and is very thorough with regards to treating Lyme.

- in South Jordan, UT |

After seeing several doctors and leaving frustrated, a friend recommended Dr. Petersen. Dr. Petersen was quickly able to get to the root of my problem through lab testing. He prescribed a much needed medication that made all the difference in the world. He also came up with a treatment plan for another condition I have. It is not an easy fix and has taken time but I am on the road to recovery and feel much better than I have in a few years.

1 out of 5
    - in West Jordan, UT |

The Health center got very greedy, and stopped taking Medicare and charge $250 just to see a nurse.

4. Healthgrades
    Prepare For Your Appointment

7 Tips to Prepare for Your Appointment

Appointments & Offices

Check insurance plans, locations and make an appointment

Is Dr. Petersen accepting new patients?

Office Locations

A
    (801) 607-5268 (Office)
    Loading map...
  5. How was your experience with Dr. Petersen?

Help other patients, and let the doctor know how he's doing

How was your experience with Dr. Petersen?
    Likelihood of recommending Dr. Petersen to family and friends*
    Tell us about your experience with Dr. Petersen
    Tell us about the office & staff
    Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
    Staff friendliness and courteousness
    Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
    Tell us about Dr. Petersen
    Level of trust in provider's decisions
    How well provider explains medical condition(s)
    How well provider listens and answers questions
    Spends appropriate amount of time with patients
    Tell us about yourself How's this used?
    Your gender:

Your age group:
    18 – 24 years old
    Number of office visits you've had in the last 2 years:
    0 visits
    Display Name:
    City, State:
    Email: *
    How would you like to verify your survey? *

Standard text messaging and data rates may apply.

Submit Survey

We will be sending you a link to verify your survey.

* Required

By submitting your survey, you agree to the terms and conditions of Healthgrades User Agreement, Editorial Policy, and Privacy Policy, and acknowledge you or a family member has been a patient of the provider.