Allegation of Complaint:
Paul J Ganshert, DDS License #5128-15
Nature of Complaint
The dentist diverted approximately 92 does of Demerol and 26 doses of Fentanyl for his own personal use. The dentist ordered the drugs from a local pharmacy and claims he never self-administered the drugs while at work or during clinic hours. On December 6, 2009 the dentist admitted himself to an AODA evaluation and subsequent thirty day in-patient treatment program, which he completed on January 27, 2010. Immediately thereafter he began an out-patient AODA treatment program which he completed on March 18, 2010.
The Wisconsin Dentistry Examining Board has issued a Final Decision and Order in which the following is ORDERED and is not limited to the following.
- The dentist’s license to practice dentistry in the State of Wisconsin is Indefinitely Suspended with conditions.
- The dentist’s suspension shall be Stayed with terms and conditions.
- The dentist’s dental license is Limited including and not limited to Required Treatment, Releases, AA/MA Meetings, Sobriety, Drug and Alcohol Screens.
- The dentist shall be subject to Practice Limitations including and not limited to Controlled Substance Order and Required Reporting.
- The dentist shall pay the cost of this proceeding in the amount of $345.00.
September 2, 2010 – Order Granting Stay of Suspension
The Wisconsin Dentistry Examining Board has ORDERED that the dentist is granted an initial stay of suspension of his license # 5128-15 to practice dentistry in the State of Wisconsin
May 2, 2011 – Order Removing Stay of Suspension
The Wisconsin Dentistry Examining Board has ORDERED that the stay of suspension is removed and the dentist’s license #5128-15 is Suspended.